New UI update for mobilinc

mrbudin

I am running Mobilinc HD on my iPad with somes insteon devices. I am quite happy with Mobilinc feature and functions but it would be great if the mobilinc team continues to improve the App UI.

- Update UI instead of boring visual switch linc icon.

- Change the visual control based on device feature.

- Change the icon, folder, tab, design to flat design...

Any release plan?

Well I never use the iPad version as it is totally useless. Been like this at least since I first got it 6 months ago. There were mentions from the dev its was something they were working on. But I see no changes.

(Watch... New version after I post this)

Well I never use the iPad version as it is totally useless. Been like this at least since I first got it 6 months ago. There were mentions from the dev its was something they were working on. But I see no changes.

(Watch... New version after I post this)

:mrgreen:

-ravedog: :)

We are very much looking and evaluating options to offer a different more icon/flat interface to MobiLinc HD. As you can image this is HIGHLY labor intensive to wholesale swap out UIs...but we have ideas we are exploring. Mainly we don't want to alienate our users that really like this interface while offering options to those that would prefer an icon approach like on the iPhone.

Just as an FYI, I should have some news here later in the week regarding the next release of MobiLinc for iOS and iOS 8 plus a brand new iOS 8 feature we are REALLY excited to introduce for MobiLinc Connect users.

Wes

I, for one, find all this change from current interfaces to something "flat" to be much ado about nothing.  I recall apple having some stupid term (skeumorphic- now there is a word that I dare say few ever use, before or since), for this, and now android with 5.0 (using a different term which I forget).  In the end, it was just different, not better, in my estimation.  Some of my apple friends still prefer the older style icons.

It seems like wasted energy to me.  Take those resources and add features, I say.

I, for one, find all this change from current interfaces to something "flat" to be much ado about nothing.  I recall apple having some stupid term (skeumorphic- now there is a word that I dare say few ever use, before or since), for this, and now android with 5.0 (using a different term which I forget).  In the end, it was just different, not better, in my estimation.  Some of my apple friends still prefer the older style icons.

It seems like wasted energy to me.  Take those resources and add features, I say.

I agree this whole flat look is terrible and a waste of time and effort. I would prefer a new UI or features before spending anytime on flat icons.

oberkc and Teken,

We largely agree. Our priority has usually been to add value to MobiLinc by adding new features. A totally new UI would likely warrant a brand new app due to the shear time commitment to create a totally new interface. Instead, and to reiterate, we are looking at ways to modify or offer a slightly different, icon, based approach to MobiLinc HD like what we did with MobiLinc on iPhone.

Wes

Archived