Delivery notification

EricK

The lost mailbox motion sensor has me thinking about a sensor to let us know if a package has been delivered. I have found some pressure sensor mats that I think I could hook up to an io linc. Maybe I could rig something with a hidden door sensor or open close sensor. Maybe just set up a hidden door,sensor outside with a press here if you are delivering a package. Any thoughts on this..

I put a deck box on my front porch and a label on my door bell to place packages in the box. Placed a 9V battery operated motion sensor in the box to let me know when it is opened. The AA battery operated door/window magnetic sensors don't have enough TX power to pass thru stucco over CBS exterior walls reliably.  Not to mention I always seem to break the magnetic switch off the PCB when using a coin to replace the battery.  You would think SH would mount the magnetic switch on the opposite side from the pry slot, but then they would sell less Triggerlincs  

Keeps packages
1. Out of sight
2. Out of elements

When the box is opened, a program turns on the exterior lights, sends me a SMS message, and takes a picture. Works great! Especially now that I have the package delivery personnel trained to put packages in the box.  

post-887-14184479024022_thumb.jpg

I also have a doorbell sensor to alert me and send a pic.

Archived