User program repository

Quasmo

I would really like to see a user code repository with different programs available via the ISY. I think one of the great things about the ISY is it's user base. It was a no brainer for me to purchase once I saw the amount of response from not only users, but the development team as well. 

It would be great to take code and make it so others can quickly download and integrate with their own systems. Using an in app repository would not only be really helpful, but also help to build the core ISY user base.

I would really like to see a user code repository with different programs available via the ISY. I think one of the great things about the ISY is it's user base. It was a no brainer for me to purchase once I saw the amount of response from not only users, but the development team as well. 

It would be great to take code and make it so others can quickly download and integrate with their own systems. Using an in app repository would not only be really helpful, but also help to build the core ISY user base.

UDI has something in a Alpha testing stage where they would like to be able to allow *linked* forum accounts to push the programs from the ISY to the site.

This would facilitate a quick download of the programs in use. I am unsure where this Alpha test is in the current stage and perhaps is going to be part of the pending 5.XX release.

I believe some of the struggles is balancing the security, privacy, and access, for those interested in doing so. Obviously, this would be a user action and not be forced upon anyone to do so.

NOTE: Keep in mind lots of what I stated is from various threads spread across the forum and none of it is official in its concept or release.

Archived