Scene Fast On effet on ToggleLinc

k5map

Hummm...here is the program I am using

If
        Control 'Garage / Garage Light' is switched Fast On

Then
        $sGarage_Light  = 1

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

This program is used to set variable/flag to disable timer program

If I push the button up twice very quickly, the program still does not run.  Any idea what needs to change?

Make sure Program is not in Folder with False State

Make sure Program is Enabled

Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3

Double tap Garage Light and watch event viewer for command sent by device.  ToggleLincs can be tricky getting them to send a Fast xxxx.

Lee,  many thanks.  I'm all about reliability so if using the Fast on is not a good way of triggering the program, any other suggestions?  I have another program which monitors the Garage Light being left on so this program was my idea of disabling the monitoring program.

If
        Status 'Garage / Garage Light' is switched On
    And Control 'Garage / Garage Light' is switched On

Then
        $sGarage_Light  = 1

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Due to the difficulty of sending a fast On with the ToggleLinc try adding one line to your program (or use a SwitchLinc).

stu,

I'm somewhat new to the ISY programming so am I correct that your example would cause the IF to be true if I just turned on the light with a single ON from the ToggleLinc?

I currently have another program which acts as a timer when the garage light is left on for x minutes and then generates alerts.  My goal was to have a alternate way of turning on the same scene/light without the timer program running (like if I'm working in the garage) thereby avoiding false alerts about the light being left on.

No.   Requires two Ons.

The If says "If Status ..... On"  (device is On)

And "If Control ....... is switched On" (device is turned On again)

Combining the Anded conditions means the device is On from first On (Status On) and turned On again (If Control).

Archived