New ipad user

Rob

I just purchased my first ipad (mini 2) with the eventual goal of adding a couple more in the house to use as automation controllers. I also purchased Mobilinc HD and Mobilinc Pro and am pretty happy so far. I'd like to add my 2 cents to some other re-occurring posts in the hopes that Wes will eventually implement them:

1- Custom icons in Mobilinc HD on the iPad. Please!

2- Portrait mode in Moblinc HD for use in docking stations. Another emphatic Please!

3- Siri integration. I can't seem to have Siri and Mobilinc voice control working at the same time. 

Also, I purchased the voice control from within Mobilinc Pro. In Mobilinc HD it doesn't seem to work. Do I have to purchase it again?

thanks

rob

Hi Rob,

Welcome to MobiLinc!

1. Yes, we're working on something here. We've received a wide range of opinions on this and are navigating a solution we think will satisfy most users here.

2. Unfortunately we will likely not implement Portrait mode in MobiLinc HD (at least not any time soon). The HD interface was specifically designed for landscape and does not translate to Portrait without a complete redesign.

3. Siri does not integrate with any 3rd party apps. That's why we had to create our own voice control interface. If you are referring to activating Siri while MobiLinc Voice control is on, then yes, you'll get conflicting behavior. iOS isn't setup to handle Siri when another app is using the mic.

Wes

Thanks for the reply! I'm looking forward to the custom icons on ML HD.

I've been using the Dashboard in ML Pro when docked (portrait mode), and switch to ML HD when undocked which works out well enough for me. Being new to apple products, is there any kind of utility that can detect when an ipad is docked and undocked and launch an app accordingly? That would be pretty nifty.

rob

Archived