PLM Restore with Disabled Devices

blueman2

I have about 20 devices that I linked to my ISY, but then disabled and put in a drawer.  These are backups and future use devices - I like them to show up in the ISY screen so that I know what I have as spares.  I just did a PLM replacement and went through the Wiki steps.  But I did not see any procedure for disabled devices.  Since they have not been written to, I am guessing ISY still has the old / stale links for the old PLM, right?

What is the best practice for updating all these devices?  Do I need to connected them one by one and do a restore PLM each time?  

"What is the best practice for updating all these devices?  Do I need to connected them one by one and do a restore PLM each time?" seems to imply doing it all in one sitting. If that's what blueman2 meant, then I was offering an alternative. If not, then my suggestion can be ignored B)

You both are getting to the heart of my question, so thanks!  LeeG, as you said, the ISY links table has indeed been updated to the address of the new PLM.  So I do not need to do any more "restore PLM" commands.  That is good.  What I did not realize is that when I re-enable one of the devices that was disabled during the PLM restore, it will show up with the little "010101" icon showing that it needs to be updated.  So stusviews, you are right, I can just wait until I need each device and do a 'write updates' at that time.  

I was worried that I would forget in the future which devices have been updated with the new PLM address and somehow cause problems (thus the thought that I might need to sit down now and do them all to avoid uncertainty as to which devices have been updated).  But ISY has taken care of all of this for me with the pending 'write updates'.  

Thanks, both of you, for the help!

Blueman2

Archived