isy and mobilinc pro

CrazzieCanuck

I bought mobilinc  pro about a year a go  and stop using it  for Ekeypad isy  as i found it a lot less buggy .But just recently i went back to mobilink  as i thought it had been improved and nicer interface  . I have a theater room where  i use a 6 button dimming keypad to be master for my equipment lights  , i use two normal dimmers to control the room pot lights,and the room sconce lights . Then i use button a for All lights 100%  , button b for all lights 66% , button c for all lights 30%  and  button d for equipment lights only at 30 %  done by Scenes. On the key pad   and switchs everything functions as required . Now in mobilink dashboard i put all four scenes  so we can adjust the light to desired mode from out seats  but it dosnt matter what scene i select  i get all lights at 100%  and no scene button turns on so i'm guessing it is using the manual function for all the switches . Any ideas ?

The ISY Scenes driven from Mobilinc use PLM as the Controller.   When the Scene is driven from the KPL button the KPL button is the Controller.   The ISY Scene has unique Responder values when driven from the PLM, different than the Responder values when driven from a KPL button.   

Click on the ISY Scene name and set the Responder values appropriate for that ISY Scene.

So then would it be better to write a program to do what i want and forget the scenes  and just link to the program in mobilinic?

If not can you expand on this statement (Click on the ISY Scene name and set the Responder values appropriate for that ISY Scene.) as i had a look but not really sure what u ment

That would work but I prefer Scenes.  They are faster, they work even if the ISY is down for some reason.   

ISY Scene xxxx - PLM is Controller

device X - Responder with On Level 100% when PLM is Controller

device Y - Responder with On Level 100% when PLM is Controller

KPL button A - KPL button A is Controller

device X - Responder with On Level 80% when KPL button is Controller

device Y - Responder with On Level 80% when KPL button is Controller

Simply click on ISY Scene xxxx and set Responder On Levels to 80%

MobiLinc cannot use the KPL button as a Controller.   It invokes the ISY Scene which should  have the Responder On Level of 80% set just like the KPL button Responder On Levels..

I would suggest the Admin Console where all Devices and Scenes are located.  I do not use MobiLinc so cannot say if that is an alternative.  Here is an example where the Scene1111 Responder On Level is 100% and the KeypadLinc button is 80%.

For this scenario the Scene1111 Responder On Levels would be set to 80% so the MobiLinc response would be the same as the Keypad button press.

post-707-0-29542200-1427358247_thumb.jpg

post-707-0-39517600-1427358267_thumb.jpg

The ISY Scene is defined first.  The PLM is automatically the Controller for the ISY Scene.  Then if appropriate an additional device(s) is added as additional Controller, the KPL button in this case.  Then any Responders are added as needed.  The KPL button is selected and the Responder On Level and Ramp Rate values are set for when the KPL button is pressed.  This action does not affect the base ISY Scene.

The Mobilinc cannot use the KPL button entry.  It uses the ISY Scene definition which is still set at 100% On Level.  Click the ISY Scene name and set the desired Responder On Levels and Ramp Rates for the ISY Scene. 

Archived