Two motion sensors, using and with parentheses

khisanthax

so I'm trying to use two moron sensors in the kitchen so that if one sensor is triggered the light turns on but will only go off if both motion sensors are switched off. I tried using and with parentheses placing both control switch with an and operation inside for turning off the scene as well as a And parentheses with an or operation on the inside for turning on the lights bit neither seem to work. Prior to the and parenthesis there is a date/time variable followed by the control switch and then a variable.

Did I Do it wrong? Is there a better way too use two or more sensors in one room? Does order Matter inside or outside the parentheses?

Love the spelling error (lol) moron sensors are truly what I call them sometimes!!

Try this:

Three programs

Two if motions for each of the sensors that point to the THEN of:

Third program:

If (leave blank)

Turn light on

Wait x minutes

Turn light off

Sorry for brevity - posted using mobile Tapatalk

Actually after thinking about it you don't need three programs just two. The first program is if motion one or motion two then, call the then of the next program.

But you might want a third program to turn off the lights after X +2 minutes if on. This way if the lights are manually turned on and the motion is not triggered they will turn off.

Sorry for brevity - posted using mobile Tapatalk

Lol I feel the same way sometimes. I've got them turning on with one program using an or statement for either motion sensor. The off is giving me problems. If I use an and statement for control switch off they don't switch off. If I use (control switch off and status off ) or ( status off and control switch off ) where the two parens are the different motion sensors they still don't turn off.

Looking at your sample why do you put the then statement in a separate program?

And yes everything is pointing to a scene not directly to a device.

Something like

If Control 'motion1 is switched Off

And Control 'motion2' is switched Off

does not work. If Control is True only for when the Off message is received. You cannot have two Off messages at the same time. Use If Status

If Status 'motion1' is Off

And Status 'motion2' is Off

I prefer to use ISY Programming to handle the Off processing.

If Control 'motion1' is switched On

Or Control 'motion2' is switched On

Then

Wait ?? minutes

Set Scene 'motion responders' Off

Else

The Set Scene Off will execute only when neither motion sensor has switched On for ?? minutes of your choosing. Just personal choice. It can be done multiple ways.

Archived