cannot backup ISY

drw

I am running 4.2.18 (latest official release) on a Mac (OS X 10.10.3 latest) using Safari.  I also recently (a few days ago) did a Java update to version 8 update 45.

I make small changes to my programs from time to time and do a "backup ISY" each time.  This morning I have done a small programming change but cannot do a backup.  I see an incomplete open file dialog box, choose the Documents folder.  I receive a message "cannot create zip file".

I did do a complete delete of all Java temporary files after the recent Java update.

I am running 4.2.18 (latest official release) on a Mac (OS X 10.10.3 latest) using Safari.  I also recently (a few days ago) did a Java update to version 8 update 45.

I make small changes to my programs from time to time and do a "backup ISY" each time.  This morning I have done a small programming change but cannot do a backup.  I see an incomplete open file dialog box, choose the Documents folder.  I receive a message "cannot create zip file".

I did do a complete delete of all Java temporary files after the recent Java update.

It would be best if you created a service request to UDI to facilitate a solution in this regard.

I have found the solution.

Go to Safari/Preferences/Security/Internet Plug-ins/Website Settings

For Java/IP-address-ISY select "run un-trusted"

Close all the windows and Safari.  Re-open the admin console and the backup should be able to be done normally.

I have done this setting before, but it must have been lost in an OS X update.

Archived