Problem adding devices to a scene

BillyTRichVa

I have a scene called BEDTIME that turns on a couple of lights low and turns all other lights off (and locks the doors if they're unlocked). I added some sensors I had used previously to turn on/off lights on my deck. When I added these devices to the BEDTIME scene, they turned on when I hit the BEDTIME button, even though I had set them in the scene to be off. Any thoughts as to why this could happen?

Regards,

BillyT

Open the scene tree. Select a controller (controllers are red, responders are blue). Adjust the level of each appliancelinc. Do that for each controller in the scene.

I have a scene called BEDTIME that turns on a couple of lights low and turns all other lights off

It may be a technicality, but a scene cannot simultaneously turn ON some lights and turn OFF others.  While it may be possible to set responder levels to zero, those devices are, technically, ON. 

When I added these devices to the BEDTIME scene, they turned on when I hit the BEDTIME button, even though I had set them in the scene to be off.

Remember, responder levels can be set differently for a given controller of a given scene.  Even if the scene level is zero, make sure that the responder levels are zero when triggered by the BEDTIME button.  They CAN be different levels.

Scenes are quicker and do not require that the ISY powered up and functioning. OTOH, scenes require programs to run under conditions such as schedules, button presses, state of a device, etc.

Archived