Program help...

jmed999

I have a fanlinc in a bedroom ceiling fan. I also have a switchlinc on the wall that turns the fanlinc light on and off as does my remotelinc and my wife's remotelinc.  On the remotelincs, button A turns the light on and off.  

I have an issue with the light turning on in the middle of the night randomly every so often.  I cannot determine why this happens so I want to write a program that keeps the light off unless either remotelinc A is pressed to the on position or the switchlinc is physically pressed on.

Now I have the remotelincs and switchlinc in a scene where the fanlinc light is a responder to the switchlinc and both remotelinc's button A.

Can you help me write such a program that keeps the light off unless we physically press either of the button A's to "On" or physically press the switchlinc "On"?  I'm not sure if this would be best to use a variable.

Thanks in advance!

The most likely culprit is a defective RemoteLinc. Although inconvenient, remove the RemoteLinc(s) from the scene and wait a few days to observe the result.

As far as a program the keep the light off, that's not possible. But you can creates a schedule to turn the light off if it's sensed to be on during the light. Unfortunately, you won't be able to turn the light on during those hours.

Thanks for the reply!  Instead of a program that keeps the light off, could I have a program to only turn the light on if either remotelinc button A is pressed or the switchlinc is pressed to "On"?

Couldn't I also test the remotelincs by sending me an email telling me when remotelinc button A is changed to "On"?  I could have 2 notifications setup to tell me which is defective, right?  So when the defective remotelinc sends a button A "On" signal, I would get an e-mail.  Would that tell me the culprit?

Thanks for the reply!  Instead of a program that keeps the light off, could I have a program to only turn the light on if either remotelinc button A is pressed or the switchlinc is pressed to "On"?

Couldn't I also test the remotelincs by sending me an email telling me when remotelinc button A is changed to "On"?  I could have 2 notifications setup to tell me which is defective, right?  So when the defective remotelinc sends a button A "On" signal, I would get an e-mail.  Would that tell me the culprit?

Yes, you could do all those things.  Unfortunately, if the remotelinc is the root cause, then using a program versus scene may not solve your problem.

The Email idea is an interesting troubleshooting idea, but reviewing the logs should tell you the same thing.

Archived