Can't Communicate With ToggleLinc

Hello,

I've had a light switch (togglelinc) controlling my landscape lights, and suddenly it has stopped working.  When I open the admin console I receive an error message indicating that the ISY cannot communicate with the togglelinc.  Additionally there are red exclamations next to the two Insteon devices in the console.  However, not all devices have lost communication.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?  Thanks in advance!

First step: determine if the problem devices are on the same circuit. Are they?

Edit: Did you try Restore Device and Write Updates to Device?

You may want to try a power cycle reset. Sometimes a device can be locked up due to a  momentary power line noise burst.

You can pull out the Air Gap Switch for at least ten seconds then push it back in flush. Don't go all the way in past its normal position as that would factory reset it. Cycling the circuit breaker for the circuit  Off and back on after at least ten seconds. Would also power cycle the device.

@stusviews - Yes, they are on the same circuit.  I cannot restore or write updates to the devices.

@BrianH - Can you please provide a link to more information on a power cycle refresh? I searched the Wiki and did not find anything - or at least I thought I didn't.

Thanks for your help!!

If the problem devices are on the same circuit, then it is very likely that something on that same circuit is interfering with the powerline signal. You will need to unplug or disconnect every item on that circuit (except the Insteon devices). Simply turning something off is not adequate. It must be unplugged or disconnected.

Then try to restore and write updates to the problem devices. Any success? If not, are you positive that you disconnected everything on that circuit.? If so, then try removing a problem device and connecting it somewhere else.

Power cycling consists of disconnecting power for at least 10 seconds before restoring power.

I don't think the wiki mentions it most of the full users manuals refer to it.

As Stu pointed out. By cycling the power off then on after at least ten seconds. The ToggleLinc's electronics has a chance to do a power up reset.

See page 18 of the Full Users Manual. Last entry ToggleLinc Locked Up.

http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2466D-en.pdf

Archived