PLM cable to iSy-994iZw

Guitartexan

Hello again folks.

I just returned home from deployment and I jumped right into getting my HA stuff hooked up. My X6 router is connected to the internet, the iSy is connected to the router.....now my question: the PLM seems to have a square USB type port but the iSy has an RJ-45 port for the PLM. The PLM cane with and RJ-45 patch cord with RJ-45 connectors on each end. What's going on here? How am I to connect the PLM to the iSy?

Thanks in advance for the answer to what must certainly be n00b question of 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The PLM connects to the ISY with the cable that has RJ-45 connectors. The ISY should be powered Off when the PLM is connected. If the ISY boots up without the PLM it enters Safe Mode. Connecting the PLM at this point is not detected by the ISY because the PLM does not identify itself.

What is the model number of your PLM? It sounds like you have the 2413U USB PLM. It has the square USB B side connector on it.

You need a 2413S that has an RJ45 network style connector on it and uses a serial signal interface.

It connects with a network type cable from Port A on the ISY994i to the RJ45 style serial connector on the 2413S PLM.

The UDI wiki is a wealth of information along with all the great assistance here. You may want to also look there.

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Archived