6 button Keypad and fanlinc

chachdog

If there are multiple devices involved do not turn On/Off individual device.  Insteon does not propagate that individual device command to other devices in a Scene.  If all Scene devices are expected to stay in sync turn the Scene On/Off, not an individual device. 

I do not use Mobilinc.  The operative point is to turn a Scene On/Off to affect multiple devices.   I have read discussions about Mobilinc making an assumption that a Scene should be used rather than control an individual device but as I said, I do not use Mobilinc so do not know those details.

Mobilinc has a forum category where you would likely get better Mobilinc specific questions answered.

The sliders you reference are, I believe, associated with direct control of a fanlinc. I believe there are also sliders in the admon console when logged on to the ISY. Both will work fine, but the keypad buttons will not stay in sync. For all to stay in sync, use the scenes to control your fan.

When you control a device remotely, only that specific device responds, not any of it's links. If that weren't the case, then it would be too easy to create an infinite loop. Here's a common example:

3-way configuration. Switch A turns on Switch B ans Switch B turns on Switch A. If a device also turned on the other devices links, then A sends an On signal to B which sends an On signal to A which sends and On signal to B which sends an On signal... .  That doesn't happen.

If you want to control more than one device concurrently, then control the scene.

It wasn't a specific question or a mobile question really. I am confused trying to figure out what is happening vs what should be happening. was using the slider as a device control example. could be within isy admin console also.

If there are multiple devices involved do not turn On/Off individual device.  Insteon does not propagate that individual device command to other devices in a Scene.  If all Scene devices are expected to stay in sync turn the Scene On/Off, not an individual device. 

Do all 4 fan speed settings and motor speed need to go to every new scene that use the fan to keep the keypad linc buttons in sync? 

I guess scenes inside scenes isn't a thing unless that is just called a program. 

The usual procedure is the set the slider to on for the speed controller button and off for the other fan buttons. Four scenes are needed, one for each speed plus an off scene. Each scene contains the motor and all four buttons.

Archived