Aeon Aeotec gen5 siren

The siren is fixed at 105db, but there are 5 user tones available. The ISY does not have access to the tones.

I just added 2 of these to use as simple repeaters and was disappointed to discover that there are no configuration options in the ISY for it. I'd have loved to be able to make use of it for quieter, subtler signals... but I guess not. 

Even with a manager that has total control of the siren, the level is not adjustable. It's a siren, not a doorbell.

Take a look at this:  http://www.vesternet.com/downloads/dl/file/id/426/z_wave_aeon_labs_siren_engineering_specification.pdf

Looks like parameter 37 decimal can be used to set the siren type and volume (to 105 (default), 100 or 88 db).  I'm not home right now, so I cannot test this with my own units - but you should be able to set the zwave parameters thru the UI.

Michael.

I do see parameter numbers from 0 to 255 (dec). Below that is parameter size with the only choices being 1, 2, or 4. Finally, there's parameter value with no apparent limit.

I tried setting parameter 37 to other values, but the values remain steadfast at 2 for the parameter size and 259 for the parameter value.

No, it's an enclosed plug-in device. But, you don't have to use the siren. It won't just blast if you don't actually specify a condition.

Yeah, I've got it as a repeater and not a siren. I don't have any plans to use it as a siren either. If it *happened* to be useful for other things, it'd be nice. But it isn't and I never assumed it would, so no loss there.

I understand this device has 5 siren tones can each one be selected for different purposes? 

IE. 1 Fire, 2 Water, 3 Temperature, 4, Intrusion, 5, You Got Mail!

Also, I know the ISY does not support multi-channels for Z-Wave as of yet. But, when it does will the 3 LED's be accessible to select them?

What are the LED colors anyways?

Really?!?!  :x  :?

Yes, If you look a few posts up saninberg has listed parameter 37 and the options to change the sounds. The configuration registers are not accessible via a program. I did play with the sounds and as far as I can tell there are only two, continuous tone, and beeping tone, both at the same frequency but with different volumes that are barely different. At least where I have mine plugged in.

Yes, If you look a few posts up saninberg has listed parameter 37 and the options to change the sounds. The configuration registers are not accessible via a program. I did play with the sounds and as far as I can tell there are only two, continuous tone, and beeping tone, both at the same frequency but with different volumes that are barely different. At least where I have mine plugged in.

andyf0,

Much thanks for the clarification on that point. 

I just want to gain as much information about the features and the limitations of this product before investing any (future) money into this device.

Perhaps Smartlabs will offer something similar with more features in the not too distant future!

• 2 weeks later...

The siren actually has 5 distinct tones/patterns and 3 discernable volume levels.

The LEDS activate ;when including/excluding the siren in the Z-wave network and brightly flash in a rotating pattern any time the siren is active.

In Homeseer HS3 I was able to configure all parameters of the Siren and save them in programming and accessible through the programs which allowed me to fully utilize all functions of the siren on command in my programs, with such flexibility that I could assign triggers/events to utilize any combination of volume/tone pattern.

When ISY supports multi-channel or the ability to send parameters to a Z-wave device on command, this will be fully functional and very useful.

Archived