Not happy with plugin purchase

ravedog

I have orchestrated home ML. the most costly out of all the MLs. So I went to use it with my Apple Watch and its 19.99 for "Apple Watch and Today View support." WHAT?! I already had today view support on my previous version of OHML. Now I have to pay? Are you kidding? So I'm guessing it's a mistake since I have Today View already. So when everyone else is paying 20 for 2 features, I have to pay 20 for the watch app alone. It's really getting expensive and punitive. Want voice from the watch? $$$. Want today view? $$$. Want ibeacons? $$$. Why does the watch even allow me to install it if it doesn't work without even more money? I opened the watch app and it tells me to pay up. Otherwise it does NOTHING.

Very disappointed and frankly just pissed off.

You really should just have one app and have in app purchases. This multi app multi plugin is just disorganized at best.

Hi ravedog,

I appreciate the pricing feedback. Please allow me to clarify a few points so that you have all the facts.

If you are a MobiLinc Connect customer, the Today View was included back in Dec. 2014. Nothing has changed. The Today View is still included for MobiLinc Connect users.

The bulk of the work for Extended Screens was for the Apple Watch. We also wanted to support our direct IP users as well for the Apple Watch and extend that support to the Today View. So, while the Today View is listed as a feature of Extended Screens, the primary reason for the Extended Screens plug-in to exist is to enable the Apple Watch support regardless of connection method. The Today View is a bonus for direct IP users and one that was already included for MobiLinc Connect users.

Apple's policy on the Apple Watch was/is that developers cannot prevent a user from installing the Apple Watch app, but the content can be shaped by the developer. We considered many different release methods for the Apple Watch, but ultimately it came down to asking for an In-App purchase to help us offset our development costs to bring MobiLinc to the Apple Watch. 

Feel free to contact us at support@mobilinc.com if you'd like to furhter discuss and issues or concerns.

Wes

Hi Harold,

MobiLinc Home is just for Apple's HomeKit. It will not work with the ISY.

We have info regarding differences in products up on our site here: http://mobilinc.com/apps/version/

In a nutshell, Orchestrated MobiLinc is just like MobiLinc HD but comes with the Resource Manager plug-in built into the app. Both Orchestrated MobiLinc and MobiLinc HD support the iPad and the iPhone.

MobiLinc Pro is targeted for the iPhone only.

Orchestrated MobiLinc will run on the iPad and iPhone and offers the Extended Screens plug-in for your Apple Watch.

Wes

Hi Wes,

If you don't mind, I'd like a to ask a few questions to clarify.  My understanding from the description was that extended screen plugin with Apple watch function was only available from within my LAN.  From the posts above, are you saying that I can use both now from outside my network? (WAN)

And if I have the IP camera plugin, is it possible to automatically display a camera view on the watch as soon as motion is detected?  If that's the case, I may pay for the plugin, but if it's only local control, I would never dish out $20 for these features to only be used locally.

Thanks

Bernie

Hi Bernie,

The Extended Screens plug-in works for both direct IP Connections (Local and Cell/WAN) and over MobiLinc Connect. Nothing is limited to just your local LAN unless you've specifically configured MobiLinc with just a local IP to your ISY.

For your motion detection scenario, yes, this is supported if you use our MobiLinc Connect cloud service. There must be something (central server) monitoring your ISY/motion to be able to push to your phone/watch.

Wes

Wes,

How does the extended scene plugin work with two different location?

I have two locations that I monitor and control. To quickly access the correct location on my iPhone, I have both MobiLinc HD and MobiLinc Pro installed. The icon for Pro controls location 1 and the HD icon is set up for the 2nd location. (I only use HD on the iPad and change location within the app).

I don't yet have a Watch but before get one I'd like to know;

Will I need to get the plugin for both HD and Pro and will I be able to differentiate between locations in Today View and on the Watch?

Thanks

Hi tandar,

It might be better to start a new topic since we're far off the original post, but to answer your question the Today View and Apple Watch will merge in all your items from both ISY's into one view. So, if you have the front door lock from both homes on the Today View and Apple Watch, both items will appear on the Today View and Apple Watch together. MobiLinc will establish and maintain a connection to both ISY's at the same time to provide you with real-time status and control of both items even through they are on two different networks.

Wes

Archived