What is the differene between 'Status' and 'Control' under Conditions?

rlanza1054

Ok, here are some updated screenshot of how I have those scenes set to right now.

This is how everything is set now.

It is working as everyone wanted me to have it working.

And yes, it seems I've misunderstood the instructions and finally have it the way you wanted me to.

I should take a few hours away from this, maybe go back and re-read about scenes and see if I missed how they work.

And definately yes, much easier then working with the programs.

And its much more responsive than using the  programs, everything now is almost instanious compaed to the delay I was seeing using the programs.

One thing I that doesn't make sense, was why it took removing the battery and re-inserting to get it to work in the first place? That was strange and should not have need to be done. But maybe something was stuck. Who knows, its working.

I also realize that the way its setup now, I can't really use the actual Hallway sensor to perform this off command of the bathroom light.  The Hallway light is not set for 'On Only'. I have it set to turn off the Hallway light after 30 seconds.

But that's Ok, I don't mind using a separate sensor for the Off command.

So here is what I'd like to do now and this should be easy from this point: I want this same sensor to turn off the small bathroom light as well.

Chances are that no two people are going to be in both bathrooms at the same time. So the one Sensor should be able to trigger an off to each bathroom. If the other bathroom is off already it should not have any effect for it to receive an off.

I can now test it out and see what happens, it will either work or it won't.

Rob

PS The only planned projects left are:

I need to get one more motion sensor for using it with the Insteon door bell kit, I want a motion sensor to ring the door bell.

But since I have another apartment door opposite mine (my neighbor's apartment), I am planning on placing a collar around the motion sensor and having the motion sensor pointing downwards from the ceiling.  So I would mount it with Velcro (as I have done with all the other MS's) on the ceiling just outside my door. Hopefully it can communicate through the metal door to the two Insteon wall switches that are on walls near the inside of the door (only a foot or two away).

That way if someone is standing right underneath the motion sensor which would mean they are standing right at my front door, the door bell would ring.

And lastly the end of it all, would be to setup for my Harmony Remote to control some of my devices as I had it do when it was X-10 or programmed with X-10 codes.

I noticed there is no way to set an x-10 code on an Insteon device like you could do with the Houselinc software.

Doesn't matter, the reason that prompted me to get the ISY was to get back IR support. That was it. All this programming stuff was gravy to me.

But now the IR is becoming less important to me. I have a Keypadlinc in front of me now.

And if I could have done these scenes like this bathroom on and off thing with the Insteon Hub, there might not have been a need to get the ISY, but now that I have it I want to use  it fully.

To end this post, I really need to say thank you again for everyone's help, I know this hasn't been easy for any of you.

It is much harder to do these kind of things when you can't really see what I am doing at my end, then composing the answer in a way that I understand what you wanted me t do.

I really really do understand what I put everyone through. Hopefully, one day when I become good, I will be helping other newbies.

Rob

post-6727-0-06554000-1441222781_thumb.jpg

post-6727-0-78401200-1441222782_thumb.jpg

post-6727-0-23921500-1441222784_thumb.jpg

post-6727-0-51267400-1441222785_thumb.jpg

One thing I that doesn't make sense, was why it took removing the battery and re-inserting to get it to work in the first place?

Battery devices, such as the motion sensor, do not constantly listen for insteon signals.  This is to save battery life.  The exceptions to this are when motion is sensed, when the set button is pressed, and when the battery is replaced. 

I wonder if replacing the battery allowed the ISY to write the now-correct settings to the motion sensor?

Ok, I thought it would be nice for all those that helped me to actually see it working.

So I made a fast video for YouTube. Its really just to thank everyone.

WARNING: I have a volume locker on my phone and the Camera app triggered it off, so there is a loud beep every few seconds. If requested I will take the video over again. I'm not sure if only watched once its worth it. I will make more videos later. Maybe showing what can be done and how it was done, to help others.

Here is the linkit you care to see it in action.

https://youtu.be/Y_XNj1Q3Q0M?list=PLp66XDhhihXzMrNJbG29bkfHfoZBnOkrj​

Rob

Archived