Unable to get KeyPad Linc LED to reflect light status

HEPennyPacker

I am unable to get a KeyPad Linc LED to reflect the status of a scene even though the UD Administrative Console says the LED is on.  Would love some help on why I can't get the LED lit with the scene!  I've tried turning the scene on from MobilLinc Pro on my phone and by flipping the dimmer switch directly to no avail.  Thank you!

2A.95.FA is a 2334-2 KeypadLinc Dimmer 5 Buttons v.43 - in Admin Console it's current state is 'On'.  LED off brightness is 0, LED on brightness is 7.  When looking at the Keypad however only the 'Off' button is lit.  This is device is called "Island Lights" and the keypad buttons are called "Island Keypad - Scene A - D"

23.35.89 is a 2466D ToggleLinc Dimmer v.41 - in Admin Console it's current state is 'On'.  This device is called "Basement Playroom Lights"

"Basement Playroom Scene" has

Island Keypad - Scene B as a controller

and Basement Playroom Lights as a responder

"Basement Playroom Scene LED" has

Island Keypad - Scene B as a responder

Program 'Any "Basement Playroom Scene" Devices On':

If

Status 'Basement Playroom Lights' is not Off

Then

- No Actions

Else

- No Actions

Program 'Basement Playroom Scene Update LED'

If

Program 'Any "Basement Playroom Scene" Devices On' is True

Then

Wait 2 seconds

Set Scene 'Basement Playroom Scene LED' On

Else

Wait 2 seconds

Set Scene 'Basement Playroom Scene LED' Off

Event Log:

Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:00 PM : [FileOpen    ] Open failed for [/CONF/INTEGER.VAR] ®
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:00 PM : [FileOpen    ] Open failed for [/CONF/STATE.VAR] ®
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:15 PM : [iNST-TX-I1  ] 02 62 2C 35 89 0F 11 FF
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:15 PM : [iNST-ACK    ] 02 62 2C.35.89 0F 11 FF 06          LTONRR (FF)
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:15 PM : [iNST-SRX    ] 02 50 2C.35.89 2B.95.61 27 11 FF    LTONRR (FF)
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:15 PM : [std-Direct Ack] 2C.35.89-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=1
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:15 PM : [D2D EVENT   ] Event [2C 35 89 1] [sT] [255] uom=0 prec=-1
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:15 PM : [  2C 35 89 1]       ST 255
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:15 PM : [D2D-CMP 0015] STS [2C 35 89 1] ST op=6 Event(val=255 uom=0 prec=-1) != Condition(val=0 uom=0 prec=-1) --> true
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:15 PM : [D2D-CMP 0007] STS [2C 35 89 1] ST op=1 Event(val=255 uom=0 prec=-1) is Condition(val=0 uom=0 prec=-1) --> false
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:15 PM : [D2D-CMP 0006] STS [2C 35 89 1] ST op=3 Event(val=255 uom=0 prec=-1) > Condition(val=0 uom=0 prec=-1) --> true
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:15 PM : [D2D-CMP 0005] STS [2C 35 89 1] ST op=6 Event(val=255 uom=0 prec=-1) != Condition(val=0 uom=0 prec=-1) --> true
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:17 PM : [iNST-TX-I1  ] 02 62 00 00 13 CF 11 00
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:17 PM : [iNST-ACK    ] 02 62 00.00.13 CF 11 00 06          LTONRR (00)
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:17 PM : [D2D EVENT   ] Event [2A 95 FA 4] [sT] [255] uom=0 prec=-1
Mon 09/14/2015 11:10:17 PM : [  2A 95 FA 4]       ST 255

I attached images of the scenes and programs.  Not sure if there is a better way to export this information.

Thank you!

There's no need for a program, just one scene.

Add the KPL button to the scene as a controller/responder and add your Togglelinc dimmer to the same scene as a controller.

When you turn on/off the scene, by either turning on/off the togglelinc or the KPL button both the button and your Togglelinc will turn on/off

Inside the scene you can set your on levels and ramp ramps independently, i.e. one setting if you push the button, another setting if you turn on the togglelinc.

You could use a program to turn on or off the scene at a set time or upon some other condition.

You could also use a program to adjust the on levels based on the time of day etc.

If you add a device as a controller, then the device is added as both. There is no way to add a device as a controller only. The documentation does NOT make this clear.

Appreciate the quick feedback.  Clearly something is wrong in my setup.  I've added the dimmer switch and the keypad B button to the a new scene.  I've disabled all other programs.  When I turn the scene on from the admin console, it turns on and shows the dimmer switch as on and keypad B as on.  When I look at the keypad switch, the B button is certainly not lit.

The reason I'm trying to do this is because the lights in question which the dimmer controls are not visible from where the keypad is which is why I want the indicator.

I'm attaching a picture of the scene setup and the keypad which clearly shows no button lights lit!

Thank you again!!!

imgupload10.tiff

post-7047-0-03711300-1442367183_thumb.jpg

Appreciate the quick feedback.  Clearly something is wrong in my setup.  I've added the dimmer switch and the keypad B button to the a new scene.  I've disabled all other programs.  When I turn the scene on from the admin console, it turns on and shows the dimmer switch as on and keypad B as on.  When I look at the keypad switch, the B button is certainly not lit.

Your scene looks correct.

If you press the "B" button does the light turn on and or off?

If you turn on the light from the togglelinc does the "B" button light?

No - the B button doesn't light when I flip on the togglelinc.  And vice versa, the lights controlled by the togglelinc don't light when I push the B button on the keypad.

I tried creating a different scene with another lamp and the keypad and it too did not work.

I also created a scene with the light hardwired into keypad.  That worked.  But no scenes are working which are remote from the keypad.

The other thing is that when I have the Event Viewer open on level 3 logging nothing happens when I push the keypad buttons.  There are no events logged when pushing KPL buttons.  Is this normal?

Also - when I run a scene test through the ISY console, the lamp turns on and the admin console says that the button is ON but it is not lit.  I'm totally confused.

Thanks

No - the B button doesn't light when I flip on the togglelinc.  And vice versa, the lights controlled by the togglelinc don't light when I push the B button on the keypad.

I tried creating a different scene with another lamp and the keypad and it too did not work.

I also created a scene with the light hardwired into keypad.  That worked.  But no scenes are working which are remote from the keypad.

The other thing is that when I have the Event Viewer open on level 3 logging nothing happens when I push the keypad buttons.  There are no events logged when pushing KPL buttons.  Is this normal?

Also - when I run a scene test through the ISY console, the lamp turns on and the admin console says that the button is ON but it is not lit.  I'm totally confused.

Thanks

I think you're missing some link records

Try a RESTORE DEVICE for the Keypad

If that doesn't fix the problem then do a RESTORE DEVICE for the Togglelinc.

Make sure that you don't have any other scenes or programs controlling those devices.

That was it!  I did a restore device on the KPL and it started to work for scenes which included a remote device.  The first sign that this was the fix was that when I pushed a KPL button the little green LED flashed where it was not doing that before.

Thank you much, Techman!

Glad to hear you're up and running.

It's probably a good idea to run a diagnostics on all your devices.

Right click on a device, click on diagnostics and then click on "Show device links table".

After the window is finished populating with the links click on compare which will open a second window. If you then see errors do a "restore device" to correct them.

What this does is compares the links stored in the ISY with the links stored in the Device. A restore device will rewrite the links stored in the ISY to the Device.

Occasionally link tables can get corrupted

Archived