Garage Door with KPL and real switch

SetMonkey13

So I have a IO Linc on the garage door, a 6 button KPL, and the switch that came with the garage door.  What I would like is for button D on the KPL to be lit up when the door is open and off when closed.  I would also like the button D to control the door.  Right now I have the IO status, IO relay and the KPL Button D in a scene.  The IO relay is set to Relay follows Input and Trigger Reversed.  Things seem ok when I use the KPL to open the door.  It does not like it when I use the real switch.  Is there a way to get this to work with a program of some sort?

Thanks.

"It does not like it when I use the real switch."

Explaining the problem would help.  Difficult to suggest a fix without knowing the problem.  I don't see the need for Relay follows Input.

Also knowing what Momentary Mode is being used is generally helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Also, make and model of the garage door opener and type of wall controller is also needed. Some of the newer openers (especially the MyQ ones) don't play very nice with the IOLinc for controll...

MWareman- regarding your statement about the myQ type openers...do you know of a way to get the iolink to work with an myQ opener? I am currently using the iolink with my old GDO, but am considering buying a myQ type opener.

Thanks

Bob

I got a MyQ push-button remote and opened it up. I soldered wires to the push-button contacts and then attached those wires (in my case) to my Elk system output. You could also attach to an iolinc.

Others have attached wires to the push-button on the wall module. Same principal.

What you cannot do is attach it directly to the GDO or the wires between the GDO and the wall button.

Thanks. I can go ahead then and get a GDO with myIQ. What doesn't make sense is "what you cannot do is attach it directly to the GDO...." Isn't that just the other end of the same wires?

MyQ uses a different method for the open/close button and therefore cant work directly connected to an IOLinc. I have a MyQ system and whats already been suggested is the only way unfortunately. I havent seen any release of the APIs/REST commands either allowing us a nicer workaround.

Soldering wires to a remote then connecting them to the IOLinc is the best way at the moment to use an insteon device to control the GDO.

The two wires between the wall switch and the GDO are not directly connected to the wall switch push button. Instead, there is logic circuitry between the push button contacts and the wires to the GDO.

You can solder wires from the wall switch push button contacts and connect those directly to the I/O Linc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived