Interface with Amazon Echo?

awzulich

Turn ON What Device?? Turn On What Device??

I think this is going to take some tuning :)

Jon...

Yeah, getting the same thing... I also cannot seem to get discovery to re-run after editing some spoken elements...

Edit: Got the refresh to complete. 181 devices this time (160-something last time)...

Turn ON What Device?? Turn On What Device??

Jon...

Same thing here. Haven been able to get a device or program to run. What a shame after all of this waiting. I'm certain the good folks here at UDI Will get it sorted out...

Yeah, getting the same thing... I also cannot seem to get discovery to re-run after editing some spoken elements...

Where are you editing the spoken elements?

Turn ON What Device??  Turn On What Device??

Jon...

Hello Jon,

That happens when the skill does not receive the device from Alexa.

What is the name of the device? I could add this to the list of sample devices; that would help alexa with speech recognition.

Also, to facilitate troubleshooting, open the echo app, and in the main section, see what Alexa understood.

Benoit.

Same thing here. Haven been able to get a device or program to run. What a shame after all of this waiting. I'm certain the good folks here at UDI Will get it sorted out...

Where are you editing the spoken elements?

Do you mean that you get the "Turn on which device" prompt? Or is in another error message?

Benoit.

Light Media

Hello Jon,

What is the name of the device? I could add this to the list of sample devices; that would help alexa with speech recognition.

Also, to facilitate troubleshooting, open the echo app, and in the main section, see what Alexa understood.

Benoit.

We can get a list going :)

Light Media Room

Light Foyer

Light Downstairs Bathroom

I haven't tried many yet 'cause in the middle of a few things..

Jon..

Hello Jon,

Benoit.

Alexa heard: "ask izzy to turn on media room"

Alexa heard: "ask izzy to turn on light media room"

Seems the command was understood but possibly didn't discover it properly.

Edit:  The skill discovered over 100 devices so I think it got them all...  I don't know how many I have :)

Jon...

Yes, I keep getting the "Turn on which device" prompt.

In a previous post, you were asking how you could edit the spoken field.

Please try this:

In the admin console, pick a device, right-click, Notes

You will get a popup with 3 fields, one of them is labeled "spoken".

Enter a device name of your choosing that you will speak to refer to this device. Let's try "kitchen".

Then, say "Alexa, tell izzy to refresh devices"

That will bring up your devices + those spoken customizations along.

Then try "Alexa, tell izzy to turn on kitchen"

Benoit.

Just purchased the portal today thinking that I could start using this, but I can't get it to work. 229 devices discovered. ISY understands it correctly as "tell izzyy to turn on patio light". But It continues to say "I could not find device Patio. Turn on which device?"

Alexa is too retarded to understand anything after the space.  :mrgreen:

Please try this:

Enter a device name of your choosing that you will speak to refer to this device. Let's try "kitchen".

Benoit.

Filling in spoken has worked for hallway and foyer but not media room.

Jon...

Alexa heard: "ask izzy to turn on media room"

Alexa heard: "ask izzy to turn on light media room"

Seems the command was understood but possibly didn't discover it properly.

Edit:  The skill discovered over 100 devices so I think it got them all...  I don't know how many I have :)

Jon...

Do you still have problem with let's say "media room" now that the discovery has run?

Benoit.

It's not going to understand any device that has a space in it. Out of my 229 devices, only 3 of them have no spaces in the name (just a single word). These are the only 3 that work. 

All my devices have more than one word in the name :)  Light Media Room, Light Foyer, Light Downstairs Hallway etc.,  I've changed the spoken phrase in notes for these devices and Foyer now works.. Hallway works.. buy no Media...

Jon...

Does it not recognize spoken words with a space in them? Can't seem to get any to work. Single word spoken elements appear to work very well (and fast!). Great job!

It should work with multiple words. But the longer they are, the more likely Alexa is to not understand it. 

There needs to be an exact match with what Alexa understands, and the spoken word (or device name if no spoken field is found)

Examples:  "kitchen lights" and "kitchen light" are 2 different things.

Another example: When trying to lock the front door, alexa may hear "from door". 

Benoit.

Please try this:

Benoit.

I followed your directions to the letter and even used "kitchen" as the spoken term for a device to test. After saying "Alexa, tell Izzy to turn on kitchen", I get "Sorry, I couldn't find a device named kitchen in chuck's profile"...

Disregard, it now seems to be working...

It should work with multiple words. But the longer they are, the more likely Alexa is to not understand it. 

There needs to be an exact match with what Alexa understands, and the spoken word (or device name if no spoken field is found)

Examples:  "kitchen lights" and "kitchen light" are 2 different things.

Another example: When trying to lock the front door, alexa may hear "from door". 

Benoit.

I'm checking the Alexa app and the Echo is recognizing what I am saying with 100% accuracy and the device names in question that I am trying to control match exactly what they are named in the ISY, yet the Echo keeps repeating back "I could not find device {DEVICE_FIRST_WORD}. Turn on which device?"

Just purchased the portal today thinking that I could start using this, but I can't get it to work. 229 devices discovered. ISY understands it correctly as "tell izzyy to turn on patio light". But It continues to say "I could not find device Patio. Turn on which device?"

Alexa is too retarded to understand anything after the space.  :mrgreen:

With so many reports of problems with device names with spaces in it, there must be a problem. 

Can you PM me your uuid along with a device you have tested but did not work? I need the device address and name.

I will check the logs and the spoken table coming from the refresh devices.

Benoit.

With so many reports of problems with device names with spaces in it, there must be a problem. 

Can you PM me your uuid along with a device you have tested but did not work? I need the device address and name.

I will check the logs and the spoken table coming from the refresh devices.

Benoit.

I'm also having an issue with names with spaces not being recognized even though Alexa heard me properly. It was working when set to "Kitchen", however changing it to "Spot Lights" fails...

I'm also having an issue with names with spaces not being recognized even though Alexa heard me properly. It was working when set to "Kitchen", however changing it to "Spot Lights" fails...

Can you PM me your uuid. I will check the logs and the spoken table coming from the refresh devices.

Benoit.

Archived