Mobilinc HD and Insteon Garage Door control (older style IO Linc)

wwat

Hi,

Is there a definitive set of instructions on how to get Mobilinc working with the older style IOLinc (2450 ) garage

door controller kit?

This use to work and for some reason it stopped. There are pieces of information all over the

place about this but I don't see any step by step instructions to get it working.

The keypadlinc button works fine, its just Mobilinc that has decided to stop functioning. 

Current setup:

- A single keypadlinc button to control the garage door - light on when door up and off when door down.

- Red and black wires used from magnetic sensor.

- N/O used on IOLinc

- Momentary A

- Two scenes - 1 with the relay and the KPL button, the other with the sensor and the KPL button.

Goal: have a single button in Mobilinc dashboard that displays the Open/Closed garage door icon.

Thanks.

Hi wwat,

A recent change on the iOS version added support for the IO Linc sensor icon to be tappable. What this means is if you add the sensor to the Dashboard and tap the sensor icon (garage door usually) MobiLinc will instead tell the relay to turn ON or OFF. This results in the single icon status and control you are looking for.

Now, depending on if the relay needs an ON or OFF command always to trigger, in MobiLinc select the relay to go into the relay details and remove all the device commands except for ON or OFF. That way MobiLinc will always issue that command to the relay.

Keep in mind that this works only if the sensor is not a scene controller. If the sensor is a scene controller then MobiLinc will instead tell the scene to turn ON or OFF instead. Based on the description of your setup, you might see this behavior instead. 

Wes

Hi Wes, thanks for the reply. Currently there are two scenes and it appears that the sensor controls the KPL in one of them.

I'd like to maintain control of the door using the KPL and set up Mobilinc to work again. How would I do this if one of the scenes

needs to be removed?

I presume the KPL will break if one of the scenes were removed.

Thanks

post-645-0-71303700-1450707990_thumb.png

post-645-0-79950900-1450707991_thumb.png

wwat,

I think I would approach this differently. Try thinking about doing this with a program instead. Would the following work for you?

- Remove both scenes.

- Create one scene with just the KPL button as a responder.

- Create another scene with the KPL button as a controller with the Relay as a responder.

- Add the sensor to MobiLinc's Dashboard and confirm tapping the sensor opens and closes the door and you see the door status as the sensor icon correctly in MobiLinc.

- To hook up your KPL to the door status, write a simple ISY macro/program that listens to the sensor state and turns the single KPL scene ON or OFF to match the garage door state.

- Press the KPL button to activate the KPL/Relay scene to open/close the garage door.

Maybe others can chime in on how they solved this in their own setup.

Wes

Hi Wes,

After initial testing it appears to be working per your suggestion. 

The following Mobilinc setting has been set to ON  - Relay -> Custom Command Names -> ON  = ON

The other three customs command names have been cleared out.

Here is the program, I assume this is what you meant.

Let me know if anything is wrong otherwise I'll continue testing it.

Many thanks.

Program Name: ControlGarageDoor

If
        Status  'Garage / Garage Door - (Sensor)' is On

Then
        Set Scene 'Garage / Garage KPL Button Responder' On

Else
        Set Scene 'Garage / Garage KPL Button Responder' Off

post-645-0-86533700-1450799988_thumb.png

Archived