Whoa! Sudden huge communication problems!

Hi gang,

After the most recent upgrade (2.6.12), my programs are having a lot of difficulty communicating with their switches. Previously reliable programs now only trigger one out of 10 devices. Repeat attempts don't seem to work. There are no communication problems reported at the administrative console. Any ideas what happened? Is anyone else having communication difficulties with this update?

Cheers!

Thanks Michael.

I did have the error you described, but running the query to clear the errors did not correct the problem. Downgrading to 2.6.11 didn't help either.

I think I might have figured out the issue. Yesterday I had one of these installed:

http://www.aartech.ca/xpf-x10-pro-inlin ... u-xpf.html

My installer installed it at the fuse box, which is one of the two installation options. The area of the house controlled by that fuse is the area that is no longer responding. Why a noise filter would block the signal I have no idea, but I am going to have him remove it, and we will see if that fixes things.

Cheers!

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that filter is installed at your panel location to filter an entire circuit in your house that contains some Insteon devices?

If so, then I think it's behaving as it should! The X10 noise filter should block anything that looks like an X10 signal (such as an Insteon signal).

What is it you are trying to filter?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that filter is installed at your panel location to filter an entire circuit in your house that contains some Insteon devices?

If so, then I think it's behaving as it should! The X10 noise filter should block anything that looks like an X10 signal (such as an Insteon signal).

What is it you are trying to filter?

Hi Michael,

It is supposed to block noise. I was having trouble with a set of halogen lamps introducing noise on my circuit. According to the instructions, it can be installed between the device and its switch, or at the breaker box.

I was imaging a device that filtered noise, but left the Insteon frequency untouched. Of course, what it does is filter all frequencies, and will block the Insteon communications. The instructions didn't mention this, but clearly it should only be installed at the box for a breaker that controls a circuit that does not have Insteon switches (for example, a breaker that controls the power to a heavy appliance). This seems obvious now, but didn't occur to me or my installer at the time.

Oh well. Live and learn.

Cheers!

You're not the only one. As I reported in Mike's ON LEVEL/RAMP RATE thread, my programs have not been behaving reliably since upgrading to 2.6.11. Several of my timer programs are failing to turn off lights as expected. In addition, I have completely lost the ability to communicate with one of my oldest LampLincs (only about 11 months old). Now, I just discovered that the red error light on my ISY is blinking. Resetting the ISY did not resolve that issue. I will be starting a new thread in the hopes that these issues are taken into consideration along with the amp rate bug. I'll admit that frustration is beginning to set in.

Hi gang,

After the most recent upgrade (2.6.12), my programs are having a lot of difficulty communicating with their switches. Previously reliable programs now only trigger one out of 10 devices. Repeat attempts don't seem to work. There are no communication problems reported at the administrative console. Any ideas what happened? Is anyone else having communication difficulties with this update?

Cheers!

If the device that is making the niose is on an Insteon switch. Adding it between the switch on its load side to the lights should also work.

Thanks Brian,

That was originally the plan, but this particular noise reducer is quite large, and won't fit in the box (not that much can fit in the box with an Insteon switch anyway). When time permits, I'll have it installed up at the light itself.

Cheers!

Archived