Garage door opened at 2:57am by itself! Help

Blackbird

This is my program that turns all the lights off at night incase I forgot to do it.  This is the program I believe triggered the garage door to open as the door opened at 2:57am

All off at night -

If

Time is  2:57:00AM

Then

Set Scene 'All On Off' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Forgive the stupid question...does scene "all on off" include the IOLinc?

Cant remember what this does but one of you recommended it

Overhead Garage door relay off -

If

Status  'Overhead garage door-Relay' is On

Then

Wait  15 seconds

Set 'Overhead garage door-Relay' Query

Else

Sometimes a device doesn't correctly report its status to the ISY. The program updates the I/O Linc relay status. BTW, I'm not the poster who recommended the program, but it's a good idea B)

While there is no question that the reliability of insteon is not 100%, I believe that this problem is solvable if you want to keep trying. 

There remains many  questions that continue to float through my head (perhaps I missed all this discussion earlier). 

- what are you trying to accomplish by putting the IOLinc on the door?  Is it simply a notification that the door is open or closed (if so, leave the relay disconnected)?

- why do you believe you need the status of the relay?  Does it serve some purpose in another program?  If you have a program who's purpose you don't understand or can't remember, perhaps it is time to rethink the approach.

- do you desire to remotely actuate the door, via phone or other device?  If so, via what app?  Do you simply trigger the IOLinc relay directly or a scene or a program?

- do you have a "query all" program (possibly to trigger at 3:00am)?

- is the IOLinc part of ANY scene?

My temptation would be to temporarily disable that "Overhead Garage door relay off" program.  Unless there is a known purpose for it, this program strikes me as suspicious. 

From there, I would consider taking a fresh look at your objectives.  Perhaps it is time to clear out existing programs and scenes with the IOLinc and start over.

I run that same program. The purpose is there because the relay contact is intermittent. So when you actuate the door the relay goes closed then open to actuate the door. The problem is the isy sees the relay close command but since the io linc initiate the open conmand itself the isy doesn't always pick it up. That's why the query program works good so the isy always has the correct relay status. Before I had this program I would command the door open with mobilinc and mobilinc would report the status as always actuating and I would have to double tap the button. But with that program it automatically changes from actuating back to off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run that same program. The purpose is there because the relay contact is intermittent. So when you actuate the door the relay goes closed then open to actuate the door. The problem is the isy sees the relay close command but since the io linc initiate the open conmand itself the isy doesn't always pick it up. That's why the query program works good so the isy always has the correct relay status. Before I had this program I would command the door open with mobilinc and mobilinc would report the status as always actuating and I would have to double tap the button. But with that program it automatically changes from actuating back to off.

Wow. So this is a program to keep mobilinc in line? I guess if it works for you, it is hard to argue. Certainly not a problem I have ever experienced.

I can't honestly say this problem has ever been seen by me using Mobilinc? All I do is press the button once to open and once to close.

I see no value in the query of the relay since its a momentary state unlike the sensor. There must be something basic I am missing here that people are inferring to?

Before the program when I push the button the button would stay on so the next push would just be turning it off not doing anything. This is with having the io link set to momentary as well. If you do a query it would always jump back from on to off. Maybe it's because I don't have the position sensor? When I was having this problem there were tons of people on here having the problem and that's how I came across this program.

While there is no question that the reliability of insteon is not 100%, I believe that this problem is solvable if you want to keep trying. 

There remains many  questions that continue to float through my head (perhaps I missed all this discussion earlier). 

- what are you trying to accomplish by putting the IOLinc on the door?  Is it simply a notification that the door is open or closed (if so, leave the relay disconnected)?

- why do you believe you need the status of the relay?  Does it serve some purpose in another program?  If you have a program who's purpose you don't understand or can't remember, perhaps it is time to rethink the approach.

- do you desire to remotely actuate the door, via phone or other device?  If so, via what app?  Do you simply trigger the IOLinc relay directly or a scene or a program?

- do you have a "query all" program (possibly to trigger at 3:00am)?

- is the IOLinc part of ANY scene?

My temptation would be to temporarily disable that "Overhead Garage door relay off" program.  Unless there is a known purpose for it, this program strikes me as suspicious. 

From there, I would consider taking a fresh look at your objectives.  Perhaps it is time to clear out existing programs and scenes with the IOLinc and start over.

I want to be able to open the door with the phone.  I have been away a couple days so I unplugged the garage door opener.  The iolinc is not a part of another scene.  I do have the default query all program that runs at 3am

Seriously? Why? Isnt it easier to click the remote on your visor than unlocking your phone, going into an app, and clicking open?" SMH I just dont understand. Sorry.

Who said he wants to open his garage with his phone in his car? SMH. All he said is he wants to open his garage with his phone. I find it very useful for when I want to let someone in to my garage when I'm not home without giving them the code.

I want to be able to open the door with the phone.  I have been away a couple days so I unplugged the garage door opener.  The iolinc is not a part of another scene.  I do have the default query all program that runs at 3am

OK.  Thanks.

My recommendation stands...if all you want to do is open the door via phone, I do not believe there is any benefit to querying the relay.  Unless you have a specific problem that you are trying to solve with this program, disable "Overhead Garage door relay off".

Make sure you do not have trigger reverse set in the IOLinc settings.

Double checking...you have no other programs that include the IOLinc?

Are you using the status of the sensor for anything?

Who said he wants to open his garage with his phone in his car? SMH. All he said is he wants to open his garage with his phone. I find it very useful for when I want to let someone in to my garage when I'm not home without giving them the code.

Your right, he didnt, I stand corrected, I assumed and we know what that means. Ill be in the corner with the dunce cap on.

OK.  Thanks.

My recommendation stands...if all you want to do is open the door via phone, I do not believe there is any benefit to querying the relay.  Unless you have a specific problem that you are trying to solve with this program, disable "Overhead Garage door relay off".

Make sure you do not have trigger reverse set in the IOLinc settings.

Double checking...you have no other programs that include the IOLinc?

Are you using the status of the sensor for anything?

So are you saying that the query program caused the garage door to open?

I've had that happen! In particular, the log showed the I/O Linc being turned on immediately after the nightly query started. It occurred a few days in a row, then once some days later and has not happened since.

I am saying that query programs have been known to do such things, depending on other factors that are currently unknown.  I am also suggesting that the fact that the query program runs at exactly the same time as the event is, in my mind, more than coincidence.  I am also suggesting that having programs without a purpose can lead to unkown results.

The vast majority is ISY users have not had any difficulty with the nightly query, just as the vast majority of users have not experienced the ALL ON phenomenon.

I am saying that query programs have been known to do such things, depending on other factors that are currently unknown.  I am also suggesting that the fact that the query program runs at exactly the same time as the event is, in my mind, more than coincidence.  I am also suggesting that having programs without a purpose can lead to unkown results.

The vast majority is ISY users have not had any difficulty with the nightly query, just as the vast majority of users have not experienced the ALL ON phenomenon.

Not sure if that answers my question.  Why does the ISY have a 3am default query?  What does it do?  Should I delete it if you think I should delete the garage door query. 

Also the garage door query program is this

Overhead Garage door relay off -

If

Status  'Overhead garage door-Relay' is On

Then

Wait  15 seconds

Set 'Overhead garage door-Relay' Query

Else

So doesn't that mean that the door opened before the query if the program says  "If  Status  'Overhead garage door-Relay' is On"   "Then Wait  15 seconds  Set 'Overhead garage door-Relay' Query"

oberkc stated that the program is set to run at the same time that it opened but its not.  its set to run if the door opened.

The 3am query is there to resync what ISY thinks is the level of devices in case it missed a scene message. You can also do a resync on boot, but 3am is considered a time when there is not much activity to interfere.

The only issue I've heard of before is an errant garage door notification (usually caused by trigger reverse being on), never heard of the door opening - unless you have a program somehow tied to the sensor - and have trigger reverse enabled.

Archived