ISY-994i to 2477D - Cannot Determine Insteon Engine

espann

I don't know why grouping is not available for you. Which ISY? which firmware? which UI?

Hi Stu, now once again the motion detector icon is showing "ungrouped", as you show above. And when I do a device restore it appears to write to the device and while writing it does show the normal "grouped" icon, but when it finishes writing, it goes back to the ungrouped icon. And in this mode I cant setup or control a scene. 

Hi Stu, now once again the motion detector icon is showing "ungrouped", as you show above. And when I do a device restore it appears to write to the device and while writing it does show the normal "grouped" icon, but when it finishes writing, it goes back to the ungrouped icon. And in this mode I cant setup or control a scene. 

In admin console Help > About what does it show for Firmware and UI versions?

both versions should always be the same.

Jon...

Jon...

They are both the same, Firmware v4.3.26 (2015-10-11:35:11) UI v4.3.26 (2015-10-11:35:11)

Jon...

Well, even though the icons are showing that strange ungrouped appearance, it does seem to be working and controlling my scenes properly. Now I just have to replace the OutLetLinc dimmer, which I'm pretty sure is broken..

Grouping devices has no effect on adding a node to a scene or how it operates but only helps with organization by allowing the device nodes to be opened and collapsed in the tree.

Why you're having issue with the motion sensor ungrouping is puzzling but I think I'd try and group them again by right clicking on node and select "Group Devices."

Jon...

Devices that include more that one choice have a square icon with a + (grouped) or a - (ungrouped). Click the icon to change the grouping mode.

Archived