One LampLinc and Two Mini Remotes

w16112

I'm a newbie to Insteon and 994i.  I've read/re-read a number of guides, how-tos, and hints to which i believe i have an answer but would like confirmation.

A scene created with one lamplinc and two remotes will always be "out of sync' when using a program and/or remote to turn on the lamp; yes?

Would appear that the remotes cannot sync (cross link) themselves when scene is enabled by one of the remotes or a nightly program. 

When attempting to create a program to manually sync the lamp's state, the lllooonnnggg update of the remote takes place though no change of state actually takes place.

Is this just the way these work or is there something I've not found/discovered that will help this situation?

thanks.

jim

That depends on the mode. In 4-scene mode and 8-scene non-Toggle, the buttons will always be in sync. If the remote is in 8-scene Toggle mode, then each button press is the opposite of the last press, so the buttons can get out-of-sync. Because the remote is a controller only, there's no way to use a program to change the state of the button.

This explanation helps me understand the Toggle and Non-Toggle function better... not what I gathered from other references.  I need to pay attention to the switch type; i.e. LampLinc V SwitchLinc 

Rather than one button from each remote to control on/off for the light, I'll need two buttons from each remote as well as two scenes;

Scene-Light-On

Remote-1-A

Remote-2-A

Scene-Light-Off

Remote-1-B

Remote-2-B

This does provide the A=On and B=Off no matter which remote/program was pressed/ran last.

As the scene/toggle function is for the entire remote, I'll consume the remote's capability twice as fast; bummer.

After some experimentation with the non-toggle remote setting, there is an "up" side to using multiple buttons....

Previous multiple scenes can be reduced to a single one.

Scene-Light

Remote-1-A   On at 20%

Remote-1-B   On at 100%

Remote-1-C   On at 0%

Remote-2-A   On at 20%

Remote-2-B   On at 0%

Archived