Backup Generator Issues

38link

Every Monday a backup generator runs through its exercise cycle and disconnects power from the grid.

Often programs on the ISY994i will do unwanted things.  Sometimes they turn on devices or disable programs.  Usually the consequences are minor but not always so notifications are used when important equipment starts to allow getting things back under control.

Is there some way to isolate the 994i from triggering programs when the grid disconnect cycles.

With the ISY on UPS power it never drops out from a lack of electricity.  None of the programs have the box checked for 'run at startup'.

Every Monday a backup generator runs through its exercise cycle and disconnects power from the grid.

Often programs on the ISY994i will do unwanted things.  Sometimes they turn on devices or disable programs.  Usually the consequences are minor but not always so notifications are used when important equipment starts to allow getting things back under control.

Is there some way to isolate the 994i from triggering programs when the grid disconnect cycles.

With the ISY on UPS power it never drops out from a lack of electricity.  None of the programs have the box checked for 'run at startup'.

Can you offer a little more insight as to why you believe the controller is initiating programs when on back up power? I am also unclear on your last reply is the controller on a UPS or not?

If yes are you saying the controller is still initiating programs when power is lost and is running on back up? Also do you have any energy monitoring capabilities in the controller that acts on energy consumption.

• 1 month later...

In a search for issues once I had to use generator I came across this thread. I have a few switchlincs and micro dimmers. I have just a cheap off the shelf menards type generator. The Isy and networking closet is on a ups. The plm is not. I've not had programs initiate while on generator power but did have trouble with switches ramping up and down a few times on their own when trying to turn on a light. Even more so on the micro switches, some would fast off fast on continuously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived