2487s w/ X10 Devices

gages97

Looking to upgrade some of my X10 controllers (in this case XPTs) to Insteon.  My devices are still mostly X10.  In this case 3 circuits on X10 dimmers that I want to set when I push a button on the 2487s.  I am also using an older IR to X10 transmitter so I can set the lights from my home theater remote.  

This is my current program.  How do I add a button on the 2487s to trigger?  I don't believe that I can use scenes with X10 devices.  When I add the 2487s as a controller will the buttons show up and be able to be used in the If, eg If button A is pushed?

Den Preset HT - [iD 0005][Parent 000C]

If
        X10 'F2/On (3)' is Received
     Or X10 'F2' is Received

Then
        Wait  1 second
        Send X10 'D4'
        Send X10 'K/Preset Dim (4)'
        Send X10 'C1/Off (11)'
        Send X10 'D1/Off (11)'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The simple answer is this  

AAAA3 Copy - [iD 0030][Parent 0001]

If
     Or X10 'F2' is Received
    Or Control 'KPL Test 3 - C' is switched On

Then

However, it will not take long to wonder whether KPL button should be On, Off after being pressed.  There are non-toggle On and non-toggle Off modes a KPL button can be configured as.   This could affect the command being used in If to trigger KPL.  Need to think about how KPL button LED should react when pressed to start with. 

The XPTs were working fine until I moved the circuit onto my generator panel and now the X10 signal is weak so I am hoping Insteon signal will be the way to go.

2487s is on the way.  From this thread it appears that each button will appear as a Control and I can use in the If statement.  

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Linking_a_KeypadLinc

I think non toggle and all mutually exclusive should work for what I am doing.

"Control 'KPL Test 3 - C' is switched On" - Are there other options than "switched on" or "switched off"  I don't see anything in the dox.

KPL buttons can only send on or off (except for the main button if the KPL is a dimmer). If the Insteon responder is dimmable, then the On-level is set in the scene. If the responder is a dimmable X10 device, then you need to use a program. But, as Brian pointed out, the KPL buttons can be assigned an X10 house/unit code.

You may have to add some small delay times between the X10 commands in the then section of your example. If the commands jam up on each other and cause corrupted X10 commands.

The Preset Dim may not work. X10 modules do not respond to a Preset Dim. Only a Standard Dim. Later Soft Start X10 modules Dim or Extended Code Direct Dim X10 commands.

Do you have an X10 Coupler/Repeater in your X10 setup?

Some of the X10 Active Repeaters can corrupt Insteon messages. By send an X10 command for what it thinks is an X10 message.

This code works as I have some of the older PCS Scenemaster controllers which support this command set.

My X10 setup is pretty solid once I finally added the ACT CR234.

Right now I am in a mixed Insteon / X10 state which was working well until I moved the one circuit.  As a test I put an ApplianceLinc on the same circuit and it is solid, so I figure going w/ the Insteon KeyPadLinc is the way to go.

OK Installed the 2487, come up as expected.  For all buttons I set the non toggle to On and set the A..D buttons to be mutually exclusive.

This code works fine

Den Preset HT - [iD 0005][Parent 000C]

If
     Or X10 'F2' is Received
     Or Control 'Den 1 - On Off / Den 1 - A' is switched On

Then
        Wait  1 second
        Send X10 'D4'
        Send X10 'K/Preset Dim (4)'
        Send X10 'C1/Off (11)'
        Send X10 'D1/Off (11)'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Questions:  

1.  When I press the Off button I want to have the A..D buttons to be set to off (cosmetic only code works fine).

2.  I am going to add a 2nd 2487s to the system, when I press Off on the 2nd switch I want A..D on Switch 1 and A..D on Switch 2 to be set to off

No need to have a load connected to 2487. Simply put wire nut on the Red load wire (no load attached.).  Devices that are in 3,4,5 way arrangements often use only one device  to drive a load and there are configurations where none of the devices physically power a load.   

Archived