Netatmo Weather Stations

kward

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I am a backer of this project: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weatherflow-smart-weather-stations#/

It looks to be similar to a Netatmo weather station, except that it has better specs.  I got in on their early "beta tester" program, which gets me one of their pre-production units sometime in August and then also one of their production units around the October timeframe.  If he is interested, I'm thinking that I would loan/give io_guy one of mine once I get the second station in October to work on development. 

Check it out.  It seems like they have a long history in "industrial grade" weather stations and this is their first foray into a fully featured, consumer level weather station.  They were looking for a $20,000 Indiegogo payout and they ended up with over $375,000!  Seems pretty legit to me.

I am a backer of this project: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weatherflow-smart-weather-stations#/

It looks to be similar to a Netatmo weather station, except that it has better specs.  I got in on their early "beta tester" program, which gets me one of their pre-production units sometime in August and then also one of their production units around the October timeframe.  If he is interested, I'm thinking that I would loan/give io_guy one of mine once I get the second station in October to work on development. 

Check it out.  It seems like they have a long history in "industrial grade" weather stations and this is their first foray into a fully featured, consumer level weather station.  They were looking for a $20,000 Indiegogo payout and they ended up with over $375,000!  Seems pretty legit to me.

looks promising

The 'breathe' and 'display' might make me change from netatmo, apart from that looks simillar in concept.  Its nice to see more folks getting in on the consumerized sensor game.

One big difference between Netamo and the WeatherFlow station is that the Weatherflow measures wind speed/direction and rain rate/accumulation.  What's really cool is that it does it with no moving parts.  They also say that the wind direction resolution is something like 10 degrees, rather than the 22.5 degrees (16 points) that other consumer grade stations report.

You are right, it does do wind and rain. That doesn't show up in the specs at first. I had to dig down into the website, then I found the extra sensors. So they really are competing, similar products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived