2845-222 Hidden Door Sensor

CoolToys

Hi Jon,

The open node on the ISY will show either on or off so I guess there was really no need for an off node to be supported.

I'm thinking this might be handy for adding into two scenes but not certain at this time of an application?

4.4.5 supports the Hidden Door Sensor as one node or two nodes.   Just verified a v.43 Hidden Door Sensor works with two nodes.

I'm using 5.0.2 and anxiously in wait of the next drop :)  I'll test it again when that happens.

Jon...

Yes, my hidden door sensor batteries last at least 6 mos.  You might review the option settings.  I only use 1 node and and heartbeat check is set for 21 hours 15 minutes.  I'm sure using LED on, two node or any other messaging will decrease battery life.

Jon...

Wow, I just got around to doing this. First of all, the LED setting was on, it was already on one node and Heart beat was set to one hr.....so there goes my battery life...right? OK then, I measured battery voltage and got 1.5V and change the heartbeat to 21+ hrs. The only thing I have checked is Send Cleanup Message...what is that  and should I uncheck it? I also set the low voltage to 0.99V.

Question: Can I poll it and get battery voltage whenever I want? and whats will happen when the voltage goes below .99V, will it alert me or display a voltage message in the console?

Thx,

Wow, I just got around to doing this. First of all, the LED setting was on, it was already on one node and Heart beat was set to one hr.....so there goes my battery life...right? OK then, I measured battery voltage and got 1.5V and change the heartbeat to 21+ hrs. The only thing I have checked is Send Cleanup Message...what is that  and should I uncheck it? I also set the low voltage to 0.99V.

Question: Can I poll it and get battery voltage whenever I want? and whats will happen when the voltage goes below .99V, will it alert me or display a voltage message in the console?

Thx,

Eliminating LED and increasing heartbeat should help considerably.  Send Cleanup is to supplement Group Broadcast Message but according to LeeG's post here checking it off makes no difference so I'd uncheck it.  Low battery should send an On when it reaches the setting.  You need to create a couple programs to monitor both heartbeat and low battery and that should notify of communication/operation issues or low battery condition.

If
        'Door Sensors / Laundry / Laundry - Door Sensor / Laundry - Low Battery' is switched On
     Or 'Door Sensors / Laundry / Laundry - Door Sensor / Laundry - Low Battery' is switched Off

Then
        Send Notification to 'Jon Cell Phone'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

If
        'Door Sensors / Laundry / Laundry - Door Sensor / Laundry- Heartbeat' is switched On
     Or 'Door Sensors / Laundry / Laundry - Door Sensor / Laundry- Heartbeat' is switched Off

Then
        Wait  25 hours 
        Send Notification to 'Jon Cell Phone'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Jon...

Archived