Icons changing on Mobilinc Pro

waterbaby64

Does anyone have issues with icons changing on the Mobilinc Pro?

This maybe happened to me once last year, but within a week, my icons have "reset" three times. Last week, they changed a day apart, and this morning they've reset again. Maybe today's could be attributed to iOS 9.3 upgrade? But it doesn't explain last weeks. Icons also changed earlier this year. Also, I lose a scene on my dashboard.

Hi waterbaby64,

I responded to your email support request. In summary:

One way the icons can get reset is if you are going to Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync, make sure to select "Update Only". If you select "Download All" and accept the warning, then the icons and all settings are reset back to defaults.

Assuming the manual sync isn't the issue, then the most likely reason is that the MobiLinc database is corrupted. While rare, we have seen this happen during an iOS update. My recommendation is to delete MobiLinc and reinstall from the app store and setup again. Or if you have another iOS device that is working fine and not showing the issue, you can copy that iOS device's MobiLinc setting to the troubled iOS device by opening MobiLinc on both devices and going to Settings->Copy. Select "I'm Receiving" first then "I'm Sending".

Wes

I've experienced this anomaly numerous times...on two different Android devices, running older as well as latest Android OS.

When the anomaly occurs, it always seems to happen when changing from one MobiLinc profile to a different profile when BOTH wi-fi and cellular comm is weak or not available. I manage numerous clients' ISY & MobiLinc systems (hence the frequent MobiLinc profile switching). The anomaly typically manifests when I attempt to switch back to the profile for my own home's system, and it's my system's icons and custom status & command names that reset to default.  I've had to resort to abstaining from switching profiles unless wi-fi and/or cell comm is solid. It's very annoying (and very time consuming to re-establish everythng  - I have close to 200 devices nodes, 70-some scenes, and perhaps 50 programs). Really wish we could get a handle on this.

Lee Fleishman

INControl Home Automation

Thousand Oaks, CA

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, this is getting really crazy.

Wes, I don't do "Download All". I added another garage door controller for my house gate this weekend. I did an update and left my icons alone because I got tired of changing them.

However, today I thought I'd give it another try. I updated the icons earlier in the day, and they have reset again this evening. Even the garage door icon in which I used the "Garage Door Reverse" got reset to "Garage Door".

I deleted the app and re-added, earlier, as you suggested. I am at 4.4.6, and I don't use Mobilinc portal. I use ISY portal. Wes, I don't understand why using your portal would make a difference in icons.

I am at wits end.  :x

waterbaby64,

I responded to your email request this morning but for others reading this, please be aware that if a program or a scene is deleted and/or added via the Admin Console, these items will receive a new ID number in the ISY. To MobiLinc these appear as new items and will remove the old item and create a new cached item in MobiLinc to track. The new item will be created with default icons and other default settings in MobiLinc. This appears like the icon changed for an item when in fact to MobiLinc and the ISY it's a newly created element.

Simple edits will not cause this behavior. 

Wes

Archived