Problem Linking a 2843-222 (Open/Close Sensor)

smokegrub

I have tried linking using both the Quick Start Guide and the standard approach for the ISY. Neither works. Using the Guide a tap of the sensor’s set button produces neither a flash of the sensor LED nor a flash of the LED of a dual-band device only inches from the sensor. Using the standard approach for the ISY and holding the set button for several seconds never produces a flash of the sensor LED. In other words, I can never get into linking mode using either approach. I have removed and replaced the battery 3 times.

I am using Link Management-New INSTEON/A10/X10 Device-Device Type 2843-222

ISY: 994/IR PRO
Firmware and UI - 4.3.26

Any suggestions?

Also, if you use Event Viewer at Level 3 you can observe the linking activity.

It seems to me battery operated devices are sensitive to RF either too weak or if many RF devices are nearby can affect linking.

Moving around the sensor until you see it writing the device can help.

Jon...

I have tried linking using both the Quick Start Guide and the standard approach for the ISY. Neither works. Using the Guide a tap of the sensor’s set button produces neither a flash of the sensor LED nor a flash of the LED of a dual-band device only inches from the sensor. Using the standard approach for the ISY and holding the set button for several seconds never produces a flash of the sensor LED. In other words, I can never get into linking mode using either approach. I have removed and replaced the battery 3 times.

I am using Link Management-New INSTEON/A10/X10 Device-Device Type 2843-222

ISY: 994/IR PRO
Firmware and UI - 4.3.26

Any suggestions?

Remove and replace the battery, then use New Insteon Device, then put in the address of the sensor, put the sensor into linking mode by holding the button down for about 5 seconds, the hit OK

Did that work?

Archived