Thermostat Humidity

burakk

I have a 1 day programmable thermostat. The humidity it reports is consistently around 75%-80%. I don't really believe that this is correct, however, since I do not have a seperate humidity guage, I cannot check if this is correct or not (yet). Until then, can somebody confirm if in fact the thermostat reports the humidity?

Thanks!

Burak

My Thermostat Adapter is currently reporting 79 for humidity, while a separate thermostat thingie I have fairly close to the Thermostat Adapter is reporting 24%.

So, I'd say something isn't right...

Is the humidity sensor built into the Venstart thermostat? I can't find any mention of it in my unit's manual...

The SH webpage is not very clear, it says:

Software Supported features (as avail via software)

Heat set point: Supports all set points of Thermostat

Cool set point: Supports all set points of Thermostat

Temperature Status Request: Supported

Humidity Status Request Supported

Mode Status Request: Supported

Fan Status Request: Supported when in “Auto†mode

Mode Control: Heat, Cool, Auto, OFF

Fan Control: On, Auto

Degree Format (F/C): As Supported by Thermostat

If it cannot monitor humidity, why would it support status requests, right?

I asked for a clarification from SH...

Crap...mine is reporting around the same number and now that I think of it, it rarely changes much. Come to find out it DOES NOT sense humidity...you have to add an "optional module". I am not convinced even at that it will work with the 1700 model (which I have) you may need the 1800 for the optional module. The 1900 has it built in...

Damn it...one of the reasons I liked this so much was I thought I could control humidity in my computer area by cycling the AC if the humidity gets too high, even tho the temp doesn't.

SH website is a bit misleading as you said...

Thanks for bringing this up...I guess! I felt better before though! :wink:

Come to find out it DOES NOT sense humidity...you have to add an "optional module". I am not convinced even at that it will work with the 1700 model (which I have) you may need the 1800 for the optional module. The 1900 has it built in...

Did you actually hear from SH?

Sorry to make you sweat :)

Come to find out it DOES NOT sense humidity...you have to add an "optional module". I am not convinced even at that it will work with the 1700 model (which I have) you may need the 1800 for the optional module. The 1900 has it built in...

Did you actually hear from SH?

Sorry to make you sweat :)

No, I went to their website for the 1700 and read the Spec Sheet...probably should have read that closer before! :roll: Here's the link:

http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/30410a_spec.pdf

...you have to add an "optional module". I am not convinced even at that it will work with the 1700 model (which I have) you may need the 1800 for the optional module. The 1900 has it built in...

:

The Venstar websiteindicates that it (the T1700) CAN accept the module because that feature is in the list of standard features. However if you look in the list of additional feature for the T1800 it states 'Accepts humidity module' which kind of throws a spanner in the works.

I have emailed them for clarification because I really only want a 1 day with humidity if I can get away with it.

Is there anyway someone can open the thing up and see if the module is inside or if there is a place for it to plug into?

It looks like this: http://www.smarthome.com/30413A/Thermostat-Humidity-Module-ACC0430/p.aspx

Wayne

Darn... I can feel it getting sweaty in here already!

That kind of irritates me. :cry:

Just received a reply from Venstar customer service (that was quick).

They stated that the 1700 model does NOT accept the humidity module.

Wayne

Darn... I can feel it getting sweaty in here already!

That kind of irritates me. :cry:

Wayne

You might need to get the 1900 ... :)

Wayne

OH! That's sad, because I just got an answer from SH telling me I need the humidity module. Now I'll ask them to clarify if in fact T1700 can receive it not, I guess I already know the answer but it'll open the door to replacing the unit...

So T1700 cannot accept a humidity module, it doesn't even carry the socket to accept one as I discovered. With that knowledge, I called SH today, asked for an RMA, and ordered a T1900. They will send the T1900, and accepted that they will received the T1700 only after I receive the new unit.. Actually they were very helpful and polite.

FYI...

Archived