Low battery notifications?

gweempose

Is there any way to have the ISY notify me if one of my Elk sensors has a low battery?

Most alarm monitoring companies, (I use Alarm Relay for my alarm monitoring company) should notify you anytime any zone has a low battery via phone call. Also your Elk keypad will require a acknowledgment of a low battery too.

Now to specifically to answer your question there is a way for the ISY to notify you when there is a "trouble", IE Low battery or something else. However the ISY notification variables don't have the option specifically for "Low Battery". Its under configuration tab, emails/notifications, customizations then just create the notification you want. As I am sure your aware this requires the Elk module be purchased on the ISY. Then make a program that when there is a Elk trouble zone to send the notification.

EDIT: Since you have the network XEP module for the ISY you can just enter the notification email/text/push notification on the XEP under emails, then in rules make a new rule that "Whenever RF Sensor Low Battery Trouble is Detected" -> "Then send Email Message" (again where you can enter a email to text or push notification via a third party app).

Hope this helps.

Now to specifically to answer your question there is a way for the ISY to notify you when there is a "trouble", IE Low battery or something else. However the ISY notification variables don't have the option specifically for "Low Battery". Its under configuration tab, emails/notifications, customizations then just create the notification you want. As I am sure your aware this requires the Elk module be purchased on the ISY. Then make a program that when there is a Elk trouble zone to send the notification.

Thanks! I had previously set up a program to notify me if any of my sensors go into a "trouble" state. I assumed this would alert me when a battery was low, but the battery went low in my smoke alarm the other day, and I didn't receive a notification. Obviously, I don't fully understand what "trouble" means as far as the ELK is concerned. 

Archived