Lost Linc To ToggleLinc 2466SW

smokegrub

This afternoon, following a thunderstorm, my ToggleLinc (2466SW) lost its link to the ISY (red exclamation point)—it still controls the bathroom fan On/Off manually. I tried querying the device, air gapping it, write updates and restore device. I deleted the device from the ISY and factory reset it 3 times by air-gapping it followed by pressing and holding the set button until the beep ended. Each time I tried linking the device using its address and New Insteon/X10/A10 without success. Nothing has changed in the setup. A few minutes following the storm I also got false wet notifications from 2 leak detectors--9 are in service.  I have tested those two leak detectors and neither will report. I factory reset both twice and they will not link. Sounds like a power surge "killed" these devices. Thoughts?

I'd agree completely with your conclusion -- if it weren't for the fact that leak sensors are battery-powered, no?  A battery-powered device isn't subject to power-line surges, so they shouldn't have been affected.  On the other hand, the power-line-connected thing they all have in common is your PLM.  So you need to pay close attention to that thing; perhaps it had some flash memory problems that lost the links to the three devices?

It seems that you did everything possible to bring the ToggleLinc back to life. Does the ToggleLinc enter linking mode successfully? The ToggleLinc is a power line only device. Try powering it using an extension cord (with one end cut off) plugged into the same circuit as the PLM.

Stu, I blew it. I thought only the ToggleLinc and Leak Sensors were affected. Late last night I realized that nothing in the ISY was running. I had to reboot the PLM to get everything working again. I created a lot of unnecessary work for myself because I failed to undertake the necessary analyses before starting to "kick the wheels". Perhaps others will benefit from this post. Thanks for the feedback.

Archived