Tasker Integration

James Peterson

I have a few asks for Tasker integration:

I'd like to have Agave export events to Tasker, so we can have Tasker react to received events. This would only be useful for people that leave the background service running of course (or while Agave is running), but extremely useful nonetheless.

I'd like to be able to start and stop the background service from Tasker, as well as check its status (stopped, connecting, connected). This way, for instance, we could have Tasker start the service, check current status of a device, send a command, wait for confirmation of action then stop the service - so we don't have to leave the background service running - but can benefit from targeted running.

Tasker can, of course, call the ISY API directly, but it's a complex process. Ideally, Tasker integration would allow Tasker to send a message to Agave to turn on, off or dimmer any device - selected by name but persisted by device address (so device renames on ISY don't break the 'connection'). Also, initiate a query to get the current state.

As other modules get added (Elk?), expose these nodes, methods and events to Tasker as well...

All this would allow us to build some very cool automation based on phone state, location, position etc...

Michael.

With regards to tasker.  Is there any reason from creating event integration or is action integration all that is needed?

I use tasker events, based mostly on location and connection to home wifi. From those events, I trigger scenes and other actions as I come and go from the house.

Archived