James Peterson

Looks like it will be very useful... Is there any progress on suppressing devices, programs and variables? Most (though not all) devices I want controlled thru associated scenes, most (though not all) variables should not be manipulated by app users and most programs shouldn't be visible in app either. I'd like to significantly reduce the number of objects that show up in the app at all to just what's appropriate, and have the setting dictated by the ISY somehow...

Looks like it will be very useful... Is there any progress on suppressing devices, programs and variables? Most (though not all) devices I want controlled thru associated scenes, most (though not all) variables should not be manipulated by app users and most programs shouldn't be visible in app either. I'd like to significantly reduce the number of objects that show up in the app at all to just what's appropriate, and have the setting dictated by the ISY somehow...

That's going to require user roles and security.

Short and to the point.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

That's going to require user roles and security.

Short and to the point.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

Not necessarily. He could just allow the user to hide them. That's basically what I do in xControl. Sure you could architect the crazy in and add all kinds of security but for the most part it's just nice to only see what you want to control on a daily basis. Not the extra stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. He could just allow the user to hide them. That's basically what I do in xControl. Sure you could architect the crazy in and add all kinds of security but for the most part it's just nice to only see what you want to control on a daily basis. Not the extra stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you can do that now but it's not a good solution.

Short and to the point.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

Beta 1.2.001 is out.  It addresses the ability to sort devices by name.  I have added a few other options as well to test and see if they are used.  I also fixed a few bugs in general app backend stuff.  As long as I don't see any huge issues, I'll push this to live.  I expect this update will be the last update to go live for a while.  I will be ramping up development soon for new features and want to leave live as stable as I can while this is happening.  If you would like to be included in this, the google play store app allows for enrollment in beta programs these days.  If you would like to remain on stable ground then I would ask that you do not enroll in the beta program as this time.  

As always if you see bugs or devices that are not working correctly, report them.  

Thanks. I can understand that is necessary when sort order is status you need to sort again? But not when sort order is a name?

Thanks for adding this option! So much easier to find devices!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The problem was not the re-sort, but the maintaining position after a re-sort.  Should be good now.  updates is out.  

Archived