Deep Water Horizon - Must Watch Movie

Teken

I had the opportunity to see this incredible movie tonight which depicts true events of the Deep Sea Horizon oil rig from April 20, 2010. The movie portrays the very best and worst of man kind which is compassion, duty, sacrifice, and greed.

Mark Wahlberg, Kurt Russell, John Malkovich, Kate Hudson, and many others offer some of the best acting and screen writing to date.

The entire movie was incredibly fast paced with unbelievable GCI effects that literally had you riveted to your seat. I am unsure how much of the movie was based on real world events but what was seen on the big screen left you extremely shocked, inspired, and quite sadden.

The movie gave a small insight as to what human elements failed to allow such a horrific event to unfold. 

This disaster took more than 87 plus days to contain the 210 million gallons of leaked oil. Which as of this writing is indicated to be the most devastation US oil spill in history.

The heroism of the crew and those that sacrificed their lives to ensure their brothers in arms would make it out alive is humbling.

If you have small children and wish to teach them about values, morals, world, and mankind I truly believe this movie will instill what's important in life.

Its safe to say I am pretty critical about movies and the quality of such. As many of today's releases are pure sh^t in terms of acting, screen writing, and movie plot. But sometimes the studio's are able to produce and release something that doesn't insult you at every turn.

I highly recommend if you have some free time to go see this movie in the big screen. To those who lost their lives on that faithful day - we shall never forget your sacrifice and devotion to the team members on the Deep Sea Horizon.

May you all rest in peace . . .

Wiki Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon_oil_spill,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon

IMDB Movie Trailer: http://www.imdb.com/trailers/?ref_=nv_mv_tr_3

Saw it Friday.  Very good.  I always liked Kurt Russel

Did you happen to view this movie in 3D? I ask because we considered doing so but since so many 3D movies have been so poorly done we decided it wasn't worth the extra cost. If someone says the 3D was indeed awesome I would have no issues paying again to see the incredible flying debris and people tossed around.

Wasn't an option at my theater.  I try to watch 3d when possible but for some reason this wasn't.  Would have been good to see the 3d version especially like you say when the rig is falling apart.  I have to admit I got a tear in my I when he came home and was with his family in the hotel.  The asshole john malkovich played should have gone to jail.  I heard they dropped the manslaughter charges.

Wasn't an option at my theater.  I try to watch 3d when possible but for some reason this wasn't.  Would have been good to see the 3d version especially like you say when the rig is falling apart.  I have to admit I got a tear in my I when he came home and was with his family in the hotel.  The asshole john malkovich played should have gone to jail.  I heard they dropped the manslaughter charges.

There wasn't a dry eye in the movie theater where I was either. Based on the movie both BP employee's were found not guilty to man slaughter which only shows you how having highly paid lawyers can subvert the legal system.

John Malkovich's accent and role was incredible to say the least despite playing a person with incredible bad judgement. I don't know about you but seeing Kurt Russell tossed around in the shower was truly incredible never mind cringing with the after math of his foot when he awoke!

Just ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww . . . 

There wasn't a dry eye in the movie theater where I was either. Based on the movie both BP employee's were found not guilty to man slaughter which only shows you how having highly paid lawyers can subvert the legal system.

John Malkovich's accent and role was incredible to say the least despite playing a person with incredible bad judgement. I don't know about you but seeing Kurt Russell tossed around in the shower was truly incredible never mind cringing with the after math of his foot when he awoke!

Just ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww . . .

Yes brutal way to take a shower

I just realized, you should edit your title.  Deep water Horizon. 

Done - Too much WiKi reading and they used the phrase Deep Sea Horizon. Spoke with a couple friends who are currently posted on a Enron drilling rig about the movie. They said when their tour is up they will go see the movie and offer some technical feed back about what happen to the BOP and other critical decisions made in the movie and how they relate to the tragic events.

I wondered if the two actually jumped from the helicopter pad or it was for dramatization because that is a hell of a long way up and wouldn't think you would survive that fall.

I believe there are lots of factors to take into consideration with respect to jumping from that height. In some articles I've read its stated anything higher than 25 feet is too dangerous but others say 50 is the limit. If you look at any You Tube video there are people jumping off of cliffs into water exceeding 100 feet so this obviously means it comes down to technique and entry point.

It goes with out saying you enter the water doing a canon ball you won't make it out alive. 

You enter the water with legs close together and feet pointed down and arms wrapped around your body you have a higher percentage of living and not breaking too many bones. In reality when faced with death people will do what ever it takes even if its not going to end well.

During 9/11 in NYC when I saw an object fluttering in the air I thought that looks kind of odd to be up there. When the object came closer it was apparent it was someone who jumped out of the window of the twin towers.

I can't begin to tell you how that changed me seeing that.

Archived