Replacing a broken Insteon Lamplinc

barrygordon

I have a broken Insteon Lamplinc and have received the replacement. I deleted the old one and added the new one. I can control it from the admin console just fine. I have tried to add it to the scenes the old one was in with some success. I have a remote linc2 that I can not add it to the button as a responder.  I am not sure what I am supposed to do, it has been too long since something has failed.  If I do a scene add to the button it says it is already a member.  It (the Lamplinc) does not show up as a controller or a responder for the button on the remote2. Any advice would be appreciated.

Is there a nice easy command that I have missed such as "Replace device with new one", This would be very handy in situations where a device is a member of many scenes, has failed and is being replaced. Especially if it then changed all associated scenes.

Unfortunately, if you already deleted the old device, you can't use the following to replace a failed device:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Replacing_a_Device

For the new device, in the Admin Console, does it show that the device is controller/responder for any scene?

Since you mention " If I do a scene add to the button" - It sounds like you already have a scene defined, and the RemoteLinc (RL) button is a controller for that scene.  Since a device can only be a controller for one scene, just add the new LampLinc to that scene.

Thanks.  I did as you suggested and all works well now.

One of my biggest problems is remembering how to do things that happen very infrequently.  I should have just done a search prior to deleting the broken unit.  Life would then have been much easier.

Archived