Insteon Siren?

mmoore99

Noted! Would be nice if it can be added to the 4.x branch in the meantime...

UDI has stated in a few threads. Both the now discontinued Alert Module and the new replacement Siren Module. Will not be added to any 4.x versions. Not wanting to possibly add issues to a stable base 4.x.

Both will be in a 5.x version.

I too am anxious to get the Alert Module and Siren Modules into my ISY994i setup. Due to Smartlabs dragging their feet for many months, on getting UDI the needed API for the Alert Module. I personally put the problem on them not UDI.

I do understand UDI not wanting to mess up a 4.x release.

My Alert Module is over one year old and still can only be used with manual links. The ISY994i doesn't see.

I guess I had not thought about using manual links.  Mine has been in a box for over a year.

Given my recent experience with the alpha 5.X version, I'm not holding my breath.  I could never get it to load my 4.x backup without making the password not functional (admin admin never worked).  I'm guessing we are 6+ months out.

I am not going to try a 5.x Alpha version yet.

I have had no issues with the Beta releases.

I just feel Alpha is too new for a try out yet.

I tried both an Alert Module and Siren Module with a few devices.

Both will NOT link to the original 2440 Remotelinc.

Both will link to a 2342-232 Mini Remote, a KPL dimmer in a tabletop case and a 2421 TriggerLinc.

I am using the Mini Remote to test them. I have one powered up for some burn in time and then I will rotate a different one if for awhile so it also gets some burn in time.

One button set arms and disarms it. One On button triggers the Chime. One On button triggers the Siren.

I also tested the not well documented controller function in the Siren Module. If you link it to a Lamplinc, Dual Band Lamplinc, Appliancelinc or On/Off module. As a controller. When the Siren is sounding it will flash the module linked to it as a controller.

The Alert Module is also supposed to have a controller function. I have not tested it thoroughly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I too added a Siren to my network, and used a horrible workaround to get it to work.

The contractor didn't move my doorbell when we added on to the house.  Ring, and Skybell are great but don't work with gate intercom.  

Since I could not hear the doorbell in the new section of the house, I bought a 2868-222 Siren and 2450 I/O link (which came up "refurbished" on my 994 Console?).

The horrible workaround is that I added the Insteon Hub back to the network with the sole job of activating the chime when the I/O link "sensed" the closure of the doorbell circuit on the gate intercom.

Whoever wrote the marketing lit for the Siren saying it also has a "more pleasing chime" must like the door sensor sound at 7-11.  It is horrible sounding and way too loud, but I don't miss visitors at the gate. 

Looking forward to 5.x beta so I can take the hub back out before my wife adds alexa to it.  

I know, but I am too cheap to add alexa to the 994i

Archived