ELK Integration troubles

swiftee

I have just purchased thr ELK module however not able to get any arm keys or functions to work. Agave is pulling the correct Area name, Alarm mode names, function keys etc, however the E logo is black and when I try to Arm or Disarm it gives message Update succeeded but nothing happens.

I am using the Nav keypad ELK-M1KPNAV

http://www.elkproducts.com/product-catalog/elk-m1kpnav-navigator-touchscreen-keypad#.WECRAYWcGM8

Never got time to test when on the beta unfortunately...

Thanks for your help Gary.

To the developer:

I can't help but feel completely ripped off for paying $18 for this half baked app. At this price (and after already spending $20 for Agave) I expect it to just work. Frankly, I don't have time to go do the dirty work to investigate this stuff for an app that sells at retail pricing. There at least should be a trial of this feature so users can decide if it does not work. I don't even get what the keypad I have has anything to do with it - other apps do not require this level of detail.

Anyway enough of my rant... I guess I'll just have to spend my time and effort so the developer can profit... not cool.

Wow!

First, there is a 30 day trail.

Second, If you feel ripped off, I'll be happy to send you $18 myself and you can quietly delete it from your phone and go away.

Elk support was only added in the last two months and it's still being developed. And to date, the developer has been extremely receptive to fixing bugs and adding new devices as soon as they are asked for.

Most of us stay away from that keyboard because it's a big pain and its crap.

I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.

Ok sorry, bad day - I probably am being too harsh on the developer and I do appreciate the Agave work.

There is no 30 day trial for a adding a feature such as ELK once you have already own the Agave app (I bought Agave a few months back). My point is that this feature is still in dev and I have a problem paying for full price for stuff that does not even work with basic functionality. I am ok to help report the odd bug here and there, but to have to go pull nodes, do topology dumps etc just to get something running, well I just don't have time for that. I am all for paying for stuff that works. 

Actually the NAV keyboard works fine. Sure, the keypad UI is a bit dated but it works, looks nice and my wife thinks its great.

Anyway, I appreciate your support. I just went into the nodes and I cannot see anything in there for the keypad (or any keypad).

If it's not showing up in the topology then it may not be supported by the Elk Module in the ISY.

Does it show up in the ISY Administrator Console under the Elk Tab? If not, I suggest you reboot the Elk, then run the Administrator Console for the ISY, go to the Configuration tab then Elk then Configuration and click on Refresh. Then see if it shows up under the Elk tab.

I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.

Ran topology again and definitely does not show up in the node dump (nothing for ELK does, other than any scenes that I have exported - not sure what else should normally be showing up). I guess I'll try UDI first. I'll edit my original rant to be less grumpy too

Ok well thanks for your support anyway.

Ok sorry, bad day - I probably am being too harsh on the developer and I do appreciate the Agave work.

There is no 30 day trial for a adding a feature such as ELK once you have already own the Agave app (I bought Agave a few months back). My point is that this feature is still in dev and I have a problem paying for full price for stuff that does not even work with basic functionality. I am ok to help report the odd bug here and there, but to have to go pull nodes, do topology dumps etc just to get something running, well I just don't have time for that. I am all for paying for stuff that works. 

Actually the NAV keyboard works fine. Sure, the keypad UI is a bit dated but it works, looks nice and my wife thinks its great.

Anyway, I appreciate your support. I just went into the nodes and I cannot see anything in there for the keypad (or any keypad).

I apologize for your issues.  I am sorry that you were not able to test this feature.  I did offer it for free to test for anyone in the beta program which was free to enter.  However.  If you like I can refund your money for now and extend your trial so that we can get this issue resolved.  

Going forward I will need more specific information.  

1) It appears that all of the keys and buttons are displaying correct?  can you confirm this?

2) The issue you are having is that when you attempt to activate a function example: (arm system) you get a response succeeded response, but there is not change in the ELk system.  is this correct?

Do this:

1st) Download new update:  v307 - it contains debugging flags that will help me.

2nd) Enable debugging in the settings of Agave

3rd) Go into Elk module

4th) Long press on top left Elk Shield - > Reload all ELK data

5th) Go through process where Agave fails to update your Elk system

6th) send me the logs. There will be a small (bug) icon on the top of the Agave app. - be sure to include all steps you took and what you viewed  happening.  

Hi James

thanks for the support. I'll see if we can get this working this week before I ask for any refund, but I do appreciate the offer.

I just followed your instructions and sent the log.

For your questions

1) Yes the keys and buttons all look correct (for Alarm types and Function keys)

2) Yes

thanks

I have been working with swiftee over the last few days. It appears that he is not getting any response from his elk system through the admin console either.

Could someone more familiar with Elk setup please assist him in getting his system synced together.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SOLVED - thanks to Gary for the pointer but I had the RP master code set as ISY user in ELK. Now I have created a new ELK user exclusively for ISY and the Arm/Disarm from ISY and from Agave appear to be working OK. RP code must have limited permissions perhaps. I will report back if any issues still.

Thanks to Gary and James for the support, I appreciate their willingness to help and get this sorted. On a good note I will go ahead and buy this for my wife's phone now!

Archived