Troubleshooting PLM, Alternate PLM?

dzarn

I think my PLM is going bad. Before I shell out for a new one, is there anything I should do to make sure it's not just a config issue? I've already restored the PLM from within the admin console with little change.

If I do get a new one, are there any alternatives to the Smarthome PLMs? This is my second one in as many years. I'm slowly moving from Insteon to Z-wave because the Insteon hardware just doesn't last, but I have a lot of Insteon in place still so I need a PLM for a while to come.

I think my PLM is going bad. Before I shell out for a new one, is there anything I should do to make sure it's not just a config issue? I've already restored the PLM from within the admin console with little change.

If I do get a new one, are there any alternatives to the Smarthome PLMs? This is my second one in as many years. I'm slowly moving from Insteon to Z-wave because the Insteon hardware just doesn't last, but I have a lot of Insteon in place still so I need a PLM for a while to come.

1. There is no current alternative to the Insteon 2413S PLM.

2. You can always try to repair the existing one if you believe its starting to fail. Any device under hardware 2.XX does not include the updated capacitors which are the root cause to the failures.

3. If the side LED is dim or unlit its a sign its past due and will die. You can also do a PLM link compare and if you see something low in the range of 1-30 links its a sign its dying.

4. You can inquire with UDI where they are with their replacement PLM.

Archived