Elk Support

G W

One more feature while James is working on the Elk code.

I propose the following:

For the BIG E in Overview:

Red - system is armed or a zone is short.

Green - system is ready to or zone is normal.

Yellow - system is disarmed with uncleared violation or a zone is open.

Blue - a non-alarm zone has information other than Normal.

Black - system is disarmed with a zone in short.

For the small E in Details.

Red - a zone is short.

Green - a zone is normal.

Yellow - a zone is open.

Blue - a non-alarm zone has information other than Normal.

What do you guys think?

Hey Gary

I had a look on my ELk KPNav keypad tonight and it works with a different color logic (not necessarily better). Here's how the Nav keyboard shows status/color:

Green - Disarmed / Ready to Arm

Red - Disarmed / Not ready to arm (eg violated zone) 

​Yellow - Disarmed / Ready to Force Arm (zone bypassed or entry)

Lock Symbol - Armed

I do like your colors but have slightly different suggestion (just my 2c)

Green - Disarmed / Ready to Arm

Yellow - Disarmed / Ready to Force Arm

Grey - Disarmed / Not ready to Arm (grey would be good color to show the system will not allow you to Arm) - this could be a short or violation or other error. Any way Agave could show the Error in text there too?

Red - Armed

I am not sure about Blue to show other status - I would prefer to know what was happening with the sensor if possible. One great feature of the KPNav is that it tells me how many which zones are violated and which they are.

For the little E detail screen I think your colors are fine. I'd really love to see a more universal format here that could provide more details on the sensor depending on the type it is. For example how would a Temp sensor be shown? I do like to look down the list and see red/green but not sure I care much about open vs violated. I just want to know which sensors are working properly and if any have info to share. 

thanks!

Okay, I'm good with your suggestions on colors. I like the lock symbol. As it is now the colors can be a little misleading.

Open and short are important because it gives you an indication of the problem. A short is an indication that the zone is actually violated. An open is an indication that either the sensor is bad or the wiring is bad.

A short can be quickly checked by securing the zone. An open might require the wiring be checked or the sensor be replaced.

I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.

You guys both have good points.  before I attempt to put that much color logic into this.  I just want to point out that I feel that the colors are matching what is being displayed on the ISY.  There are 2 separate ELK states that review color.  

Armed State and ArmUp State

- Armed is the status of the ELK Arm/Disarm (Small shield)

- Armed Away

- Armed Stay

- Disarmed

- etc...

- ArmUp is the status of that particular Armed state.  (Large Shield/Activation button)

- Ready To Arm

- Not Ready to Arm

- Armed Fully

- Armed w/Bypass

- etc...

post-4839-0-04709300-1481294174_thumb.png

Two points. First, the ISY Elk module is very limited and outdated. Please don't copy it.

Second, I suggested this to you for consider. This in non-critical and should be considered after you feel you are at point to refine the interface.

I'd like to see more comments and suggestions from more users. And I'd like to see for functions in Agave first.

Thank you for your consideration.

I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.

I echo Gary's comments. Not urgent at all and I certainly would not use ISY as the base, although the Armed/Arm up states would be pretty close. Better to use what the ELK shows and displays on their keyboards to show uniformity with the real system in question. Would be good to get other's feedback too.

James - happy to send you the M1 user guides etc if you are interested. You may already have them. Also have you ever considered contacting ELK? they may have recommendations and may be interested to promote your app when it gets a bit more stable.

cheers

Archived