Does anyone make an Insteon announcement speaker/device

Bill Morrow

Another issue I've recently come to see and wonder if others have seen. I created ten additional voice announcements and for what ever reason the volume is (approx) 30~40% lower than the existing ones in place?!? Has anyone else seen this while creating new Julie U.S. voices? I had considered there was a problem on the little netbook I was using so went to another work station but the results were the same.

I than went to another work station and the results were also the same!

If anyone has a recommendation for a sound level normalizer program let me know because this is super annoying.

Use mp3gain to normalize all of the mp3 files.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net

• 9 months later...

HELP!!!! ?

I'm adding a bunch of new sounds, but the first one I added will not play. The Network Resource tests OK, but nothing is played. I just copied an existing NR and updated the file name. I tried both Wav and Mp3. Yes, the file is in the folder. 

Any bright ideas?

GET /jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22id%22:%221%22,%22method%22:%22Player.Open%22,%22params%22:{%22item%22:{%22file%22:%22storage/music/GarageDoorOpen.mp3%22}}} HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.135:80
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0
Connection: Close
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 0

43 minutes ago, Bill Morrow said:

HELP!!!! ?

I'm adding a bunch of new sounds, but the first one I added will not play. The Network Resource tests OK, but nothing is played. I just copied an existing NR and updated the file name. I tried both Wav and Mp3. Yes, the file is in the folder. 

OK, there is something wrong with the new sound files. I copied one of the old sound files to the new file name and tested the new Network Resource and it works. But the files play standalone just fine. I guess it could be a volume issue? I have tried both .wav and .mp3. 

Archived