Program to turn off thermostat when two door sensors are open

I would really appreciate help with a program to set thermostat to off when two door sensors are open for a certain period of time.  Something like this, but I don't know how to do it.

If status (door sensor #1 is open) and status (door sensor #2 is open) for a time >10 minutes Then set (thermostat main) mode off.

Thanks

If
        Control 'BR / Devices / BR Patio Door-Opened' is switched On
    And Control 'LR / Devices / LR Deck Door Opened' is switched On

Then
        Wait  10 minutes
        Set 'CR / Devices / CR Thermostat- Main' Mode Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I like using a state variable to trigger the if condition. You could define that state variable to be triggered as per Stu's example and then have another program trigger driven by that variable to turn the thermostat off. I think this structure gives some flexibility within the programming language.

Here I added an Insteon thermostat to the garage heater in MN. I have a couple of programs to run it. I like to have it so that if the heater is off and then door the opens, wait for it to shut before starting the heater. If the heater was on when the condition was triggered (e.g state variable from GDO) then wait 5 minutes before shutting off (and beep at 4 minutes).

I don't like to short cycle mechanical equipment programmatically with an HA system (or at all). So I try to prevent that in the programming. Also, I make copious use of the notifications in these types of programs, so that I get a text when these programs run and then it's easy for me to see what's actually happening without needing to check the historical log. Once I have it dialed in I may stop the notifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would need to use Status, otherwise the program would keep running when the doors are closed.  I don't know if you can have two "Controls" ANDed together.

If
       'Door1-Opened' Status is On
    And 'Door2-Opened' Status is On

Then
        Wait  10 minutes
        Set 'Thermostat' Mode Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Archived