2477D Rev 7.9i "isy could not determine device link table address"

BTW, the last one was purchased in 2013. Made it just past 2 years.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in seeing v2.XX 2413S PLM's failing so soon.

The upgraded capacitors were supposed to resolve this early failure mode.

If you have time please consider signing up to the Insteon forum and casting your vote for PLM Pro listed in my signature.

• 2 months later...

I wanted to close off this topic. I located what was wrong and it wasn't the modem, ISY, nor the new switch.  After half the outlets on a run went dead when I plugged in a vac. (it also tripped the breaker at first) I isolated a loose wire in the back of a Leviton 20A HD receptacle. That vac. outlet has had plenty of stuff run off it for years. These are not the push in, but screw to tighten.  That outlet has been there since the 90s.  I have no idea how that happened.  Once I tightened the screw, all the updates in the mesh wrote without an error and things functioning again.  Somehow this was producing so much noise that even when I pigtailed the outlet and powered it from the same receptacle as the ISY (which is powered off a different breaker) it couldn't be updated.  How would a pro trace noise like this?

Would not be too easy to trace.

An X10 {there is no present Insteon model} noise meter may have shown excessive power line noise. As most noise on the X10 120KHz also would show up on the Insteon 131.65Khz also.

My XTBM does show power line noise. I believe the old Smarthome TesterLinc and ELK ESM1 also had a noise display..

Some of the Insteon modules have a flash the LED on power line traffic option and noise sometimes makes them flash also. Maybe walking from outlet to outlet may have shown areas where there was noise.

If the connection was arcing. You may have been able to take a AM portable radio and walk around listening for the RF noise the arcing was making

Archived