Jump to content

Brultech - GEM response broken into multiple packet - causing "Unknown Format" error


mblitz

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I'm trying to send data from my Brultech GEM to my ISY.  I'm running NodeLink v0.6.7 and trying to get data from my GEM (ethernet only).  The ISY994i is running v5.0.8, but for my problem, I think that is irrelevant.

 

GEM versions:

    COM Ver: 4.20

    ENG Ver: 149

 

I've tried formats 2, 4 and 14.  For all of them, I get "Unknown Format".  It appears that the data is being received as multiple packets,  a few characters in the first packet, and the reset in a second packet.  Both packets are interrupted as "Unknown Format".  This happens with modes 2 and 14.  I assume it also happens with mode 4, but its hard to interpret binary data.

 

2017-01-09 21:02:44 - GEM Reconnected [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:02:46 - GEM: PUT [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:02:46 - GEM Decode Error - Unknown Format [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:02:47 - GEM:  /sites/ HTTP/1.1Host: 192.168.1.15:5000Accept: */*Content-Length: 995(site  (node  ? (e_1 143682.21)(p_1 2504)(a_1 21.50)(e_2 41096.73)(p_2 3)(a_2 0)(e_3 120107.76)(p_3 14)(a_3 .12)(e_4 43935.39)(p_4 5)(a_4 2.58)(e_5 101327.63)(p_5 6)(a_5 .12)(e_6 95078.93)(p_6 0)(a_6 0)(e_7 144772.25)(p_7 48)(a_7 .40)(e_8 1879.87)(p_8 29)(a_8 .38)(e_9 19820.92)(p_9 3)(a_9 0.08)(e_10 60041.99)(p_10 92)(a_10 .92)(e_11 57472.60)(p_11 14)(a_11 .18)(e_12 92496.39)(p_12 10)(a_12 .24)(e_13 126377.68)(p_13 2085)(a_13 17.74)(e_14 158308.25)(p_14 1)(a_14 0)(e_15 42535.69)(p_15 47)(a_15 .62)(e_16 7738.78)(p_16 3)(a_16 0)(e_17 .00)(p_17 0)(a_17 0)(e_18 315.33)(p_18 1)(a_18 0)(e_19 70459.53)(p_19 15)(a_19 .18)(e_20 159430.49)(p_20 1)(a_20 0)(e_21 .00)(p_21 0)(a_21 0)(e_22 50990.53)(p_22 40)(a_22 .32)(e_23 42876.92)(p_23 1)(a_23 0)(e_24 83416.15)(p_24 14)(a_24 .12)(e_25 10191.04)(p_25 1)(a_25 0)(e_26 55431.27)(p_26 1)(a_26 0.08)(e_27 56425.74)(p_27 8)(a_27 .16)(e_28 166563.07)(p_28 21)(a_28 .22)(e_29 49893.51)(p_29 5)(a_29 .14)(e_32 96324.86)(p_32 7)(a_32 0.08)(voltage 120.5))) [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:02:47 - GEM Decode Error - Unknown Format [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:03:14 - GEM Socket Error - Send Data - The object was used after being disposed. [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:03:14 - GEM Reconnected [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:03:16 - GEM: PU [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:03:16 - GEM Decode Error - Unknown Format [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:03:17 - GEM: T /sites/ HTTP/1.1Host: 192.168.1.15:5000Accept: */*Content-Length: 1000(site  (node  ? (e_1 142868.92)(p_1 2249)(a_1 19.38)(e_2 161001.76)(p_2 3)(a_2 0)(e_3 122001.59)(p_3 14)(a_3 .12)(e_4 15938.92)(p_4 5)(a_4 2.58)(e_5 139532.56)(p_5 6)(a_5 .12)(e_6 89542.83)(p_6 0)(a_6 0)(e_7 151546.00)(p_7 48)(a_7 .40)(e_8 15039.57)(p_8 29)(a_8 .38)(e_9 158567.46)(p_9 3)(a_9 0.08)(e_10 144793.42)(p_10 91)(a_10 .92)(e_11 124236.82)(p_11 14)(a_11 .18)(e_12 68882.73)(p_12 10)(a_12 .24)(e_13 4424.57)(p_13 1845)(a_13 15.70)(e_14 92060.95)(p_14 1)(a_14 0)(e_15 4742.18)(p_15 47)(a_15 .60)(e_16 61910.37)(p_16 3)(a_16 0)(e_17 .00)(p_17 0)(a_17 0)(e_18 2522.66)(p_18 1)(a_18 0)(e_19 60360.11)(p_19 15)(a_19 .18)(e_20 101038.84)(p_20 1)(a_20 0)(e_21 .00)(p_21 0)(a_21 0)(e_22 72380.71)(p_22 40)(a_22 .32)(e_23 7471.10)(p_23 1)(a_23 0)(e_24 164013.05)(p_24 14)(a_24 .12)(e_25 81528.33)(p_25 0)(a_25 0)(e_26 107905.89)(p_26 1)(a_26 0.08)(e_27 115861.84)(p_27 8)(a_27 .16)(e_28 158099.87)(p_28 22)(a_28 .22)(e_29 63603.88)(p_29 5)(a_29 .14)(e_32 99510.40)(p_32 6)(a_32 0.08)(voltage 120.9))) [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:03:17 - GEM Decode Error - Unknown Format [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:03:44 - GEM Socket Error - Send Data - The object was used after being disposed. [gem1]

2017-01-09 21:03:44 - GEM Reconnected [gem1]

 

I'm running on a RPi v2b

Raspian Jessie with Pixel, updated and upgraded to latest.

 

Mono:

mono-runtime/stable,now 3.2.8+dfsg-10 armhf [installed,automatic]

libmono-cecil-vb0.9-cil/stable,now 3.8-1 all [installed,automatic]

mono-vbnc/stable,now 3.8-1 all [installed]

 

Thanks in advanced for any help.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could only get 14 to work, others didn't

i still get errors in nodelink, but it does work

errors are below.

2016-10-25 04:23:53 - GEM Decode Error - Conversion from string ".00(p_45 0" to type 'Double' is not valid. [14: gem1]
2016-10-25 04:43:53 - GEM Decode Error - Argument 'Length' is not a valid value. [14: gem1]
2016-10-25 04:43:53 - GEM Decode Error - Unknown Format [gem1]
2016-10-25 08:39:53 - GEM Decode Error - Argument 'Length' is not a valid value. [14: gem1]
2016-10-25 08:39:53 - GEM Decode Error - Unknown Format [gem1]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I seemed to have found a solution.   In "GEM Network Utility", I changed the "Comm Setting" "Idle Time" from 8 to 30.  That fixed things, at least for format 14.

 

bgrubb1:  Check what your "Idle Time" is set to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...