How to write a program to use with a 6 Button Keypad switch to override motion sensor

jblackst5000

I wrote a program to turn my Basement lights on when the motion sensor is on. The program listed below:

Basement Laundry On - [iD 000F][Parent 0001]

If
        Status  'Basement-Motion-Sensor' is On

Then
        Set 'Basement Laundry SW' On
        Set 'Laundry Elliptical' 100%
        Set 'Laundry Wash Ma' 100%

Else
        Set 'Basement Laundry SW' Off
        Set 'Laundry Elliptical' Off
        Set 'Laundry Wash Ma' Off

There are times when I want those  basement lights to stay on even if the motion sensor status is off. I would like to use one of the keys (a,b,c, or d) on my 6 button keypad link to activate a new program that will keep those lights on even when the motion sensor status is off. This happens when we are working in remote areas of our basement that the motion sensor does not pick us up and keeps turning the lights off when we are still down there.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

JIm

Hello Jim,

This will require a couple things to be setup and in order for this to operate as expected. The motion sensor needs to be programmed to send a *ON* only. This will allow the ISY Series Controller to send and manage the *OFF* state of the lights.

The following are two programs which will allow you to have both automated lights and manual override of the same light fixture. 

This program will allow you to have what ever specified duration for the lights to come on then turn off.

Office Over Ride Timer - [iD 02C7][Parent 00C0]

If
        Control 'Office Motion Sensor-Sensor' is switched On
    And Program 'Office Manual' is False

Then
        Wait  1 second
        Set Scene 'Office Light' On
        Wait  2 minutes 
        Set Scene 'Office Light' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

===============================================
===============================================

This program (Replace with KPL button of choice) when pressed will stop the *Over Ride Timer* and allow the lights to remain on. You obviously need to turn the lights off once your done like normal.

Office Manual - [iD 02D3][Parent 00C0]

If
        Control 'Office Lights' is switched On
    And Control 'Office Lights' is not switched Off

Then

Else

Please let me know if you require more insight or guidance . . .

Lots of ways to do it, my thought was add:

If button A switched on

Then disable basement laundry on

If button A switched off

Then enable basement laundry on

Turn off (the 3 lights)

Since your lights aren't directly linked to the motion sensor just to that program, disabling the program will prevent the off from the motion sensor from doing anything.

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk

I agree with jratliff here.  There are lots of ways to do it.  There are also questions you should probably ask yourself.

- do I still want motion to turn the lights on, even when my keypad button is ON?

- what do I want to happen when the lights are on and I turn OFF my keypad button?

- what do I want to happen when the lights are OFF and I turn ON the keypad button?

- is the motion sensor and switch part of a scene together?

Depending on answers to questions such as these you could try variations like:

if

control motion sensor is switched on

then

turn on light

else

nothing

if

status keypad button is off

and

status motion sensor is off

then

turn off lights

else

nothing

Here's a general sense of what you may want to do. The program requires that you do not have a scene linking the MS to the load. Instead, set the MS to On only and use a program to turn the load off.

If

button is turned on

and button is not turned off

Then

disable motion program

Else

enable motion program

Also, use Control for the MS program, not Status. that's because if the MS is set to send an On only, then the state of the MS will never change.

Archived