Folder: Color Status?

Teken

Many years ago when the team incorporated colors for folder & programs in the 4.XX firmware branch. I had asked several times what the color teal meant for folders. As of this writing no one has ever replied back as to its true meaning. There were lots of guesses as to what it meant or whether it was just a mechanical fault in the monitor being able to render the colors accurately.

This is not a color rendering issue on my monitor, computer, etc. As this same color issue has been seen on dozens of work, personal computers, and tablet devices.

Today, I can say there isn't more factual information besides the fact this teal colored look in the folders has to do with the system in a busy / unknown state. I've included a screen capture of the folder being true which is green and the folder in what I call teal colored or off blue / green.

If anyone has ever seen this random color in their controllers program folder(s) please do let me know what condition the controller was in, when seen.

post-1970-0-99157600-1487708851_thumb.png

post-1970-0-91986900-1487708863_thumb.png

post-1970-0-23232500-1487709374_thumb.png

If those are program folders, then the color, green or red, indicates that the folder has a condition and that the condition is true (green) or false (red).

Correct, but that doesn't address the primary question what does the teal colored folder mean besides my guess of busy / unknown state.

I use the busy / unknown state as my personal example because this is when I have observed this odd behavior. I have to gather you have not seen this otherwise you would have affirmed the same. 

Hi Teken,

The teal color indicates that the folder does not have a true/false status (yet), but it does contain conditions.  A plain folder icon indicates the folder has no conditions.

Hello Chris,

If you could offer a little bit more insight about this it would be great. As you correctly noted these folders have conditions within them which are just very basic scheduled times: 7:00 AM ~ 10:30 PM. I am trying to narrow down the root cause for this unknown state which makes the folder reflect a teal color.

As a lay person one would think if the the scheduled time is correct it would be green. If its not the correct time the folder would be red. The problem I am seeing is at random times the folder will be teal in color even if the time frame is true vs untrue. In most cases the programs within appear to be operating just fine - where as other times when I see this teal color the entire system is unstable and endless java pop up errors are present.

I can literally see 20, 50 pop up messages appear in a ten minute session . . .

Most times I just acknowledge them and continue what I am doing. Other times these pop up messages forces me to close out the Admin Console because the system is no longer responsive to user input. That can be from saving programs to messages stating an illegal operation has occurred, can't save, system is busy, to cryptic messages about I/O and other random faults.

Long story short - I am trying to get my controller ready for the 5.XX Beta release and don't want to add existing issues to a new roll out.

Archived