OFFICIAL Release 2.7.0 is now available

MikeB

Universal Devices is happy to announce the official release of firmware version 2.7.0 for the ISY-99 and ISY-26 family of home automation / energy conservation controllers. Below is a summary of enhancements since our last non-beta release (2.6.5):

DIAGNOSTICS

- Event Viewer Level 2 (TOOLS, DIAGNOSTICS, EVENT VIEWER) - displays raw PLM messages

- Event Viewer Level 3 (TOOLS, DIAGNOSTICS, EVENT VIEWER) - displays hop count, group, and debugging information Viewer

- Check PLM Status & Version (TOOLS, DIAGNOSTICS, PLM INFO/STATUS) - displays whether or not a PLM is connected, shows its address and firmware version

- Show PLM Links (TOOLS, DIAGNOSTICS, SHOW PLM LINKS TABLE) - displays links currently stored in the attached PLM

- Show Device Links (TOOLS, DIAGNOSTICS, SHOW DEVICE LINKS TABLE) - displays links currently stored in the specified device

- Show ISY Links (TOOLS, DIAGNOSTICS, SHOW ISY LINKS TABLE) - displays the ISY's stored copy of a device's link table (what should be in the device)

- Compare Links (TOOLS, DIAGNOSTICS, SHOW DEVICE LINKS TABLE, COMPARE button) - compares device link table with the ISY's stored copy to check for and fix discrepencies

- Scene Test (TOOLS, DIAGNOSTICS, SCENE TEST) - diagnostic tool which sends a group command (OFF) to a scene of your choice and then shows you whether or not the recipient devices responded with a cleanup message

ADD-ON MODULES (OPTIONAL - ISY-99 ONLY, click HELP, PURCHASE MODULES)

- Web Server Module - make your ISY into a mini personal webserver, includes REST interface (easy control of your devices and scenes simply by accessing a URL)

- WeatherBug Module - display and utilize local climate data on your ISY, use the data in your ISY programs to help conserve energy based on temperature, wind speed and direction, rain, humidity, etc.

- Electricity Module - interface with the Brultech energy meter to display and utilize realtime electricity use in your home, use the data in your ISY programs to conserve energy based on current usage, voltage, amps, etc.

DEVICE SUPPORT

- Support for the Insteon i2 command set (extended messaging)

- Support for Insteon IOLinc

- Support for Insteon Motion Sensor

- Support for Insteon TimerLinc

FUNCTIONAL & GUI ENHANCEMENTS

- Query On Restart is now configurable

- Added "From" field to notification settings

- Ignore X10 All On/Off from ELK flag

- Added X10, IR, Raw Text to find/replace in programs

- Adjust on-levels/ramp rates for devices in scenes using programs

- Added configurable role for HTML interface (stopgap measure until we add multi-users/roles)

- User defined SMTP - use your own email server to send notifications, limited TLS support (works with gmail)

- On/Off buttons on Devices/Scenes HTML pages

- Allow Folder true/false status to be used in If conditions. This makes Folder conditions much easier to use (for Away buttons, etc.)

- A program set to 'Run at Startup' will now run whether it is enabled or not, making it more consistent with the new 'Run (If)'

- Send compact notifications option, since standard notifications sent via SMS may come through as multiple text messages

- Icons in Program selection boxes

- Icon column in Program summary (Folders and Programs)

- Popup window on Program summary

- Added 'Status' to Popup window on Program Details screen, making it easier to bounce between status/edit of a program

- Find/Replace nodes and program references in programs

- Divider on Main screen is now adjustable

- Log/Chart now show time to the second

- Show Folder Condition status in HTML Programs page

- Sunrise/Sunset time now to the second

- Added RemoteLinc instructions for any activities that require RL interaction

- All saved files now have a timestamp attached (important especially in case of Vista)

- Progress Bar is no longer persistently on top of all other windows allowing the user to do more while the ISY works

- Next scheduled run time shown in Program Summary screen

- Program Name and more info now shown in Notifications sent from programs

- Programs screen loads faster in GUI

- Support for Internet Time (NTP) to ensure accurate time

DEVELOPER ENHANCEMENTS

- Full Web Services support

- REST interface (included with Web Server module, ISY-99 ONLY)

IMPORTANT NOTES

1. For those upgrading from release 2.6 (ISY-26) and release 1.0.0 (ISY-99i)

--->Please note that releases 2.6.1 and above will use default HTTP/HTTPS ports of 80/443 respectively. As such, before upgrading Disable Internet Access

--->ISY-26 owners will have to upgrade to release 2.6.5 ( http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1409 ) before upgrading to release 2.7.0

--->If you are upgrading from 2.6.1, please make sure you export all your programs and store them in a safe place

2. If you have used bookmarks, please update them accordingly. If you have problems finding ISY, try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i

3. As always, please take a backup of your ISY

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS for ISY-26

Please be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

Since 2.7.0 is an official release, a notification should appear in your ISY's Admin Console. HOWEVER, because the ISY-26 requires (in many cases) the downgrade of firmware to 2.6.0 BEFORE the installation of 2.7.0, we recommend 2.7.0 be installed manually per the instructions below.

- Userid = isy

- Password = autoupdate

-- Step 1 - Download the update from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip do not unzip and DO NOT USE A PREVIOUSLY SAVED COPY!

- Login to Admin Console

- Choose Help->Manually Upgrade My Lighting and choose the file you downloaded in the previous step

-- Step 2

- Download the update from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip do not unzip

- Login to Admin Console using the following URL:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/

- Choose Help->Manually Upgrade My Lighting and choose the file you downloaded in the previous step

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS for ISY 99i Series

Please be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

Since 2.7.0 is an official release, a notification should appear in your ISY's Admin Console. Simply click HELP, then the automatically update option to proceed with the installation of 2.7.0.

If you'd prefer to manually update your ISY-99 to firmware 2.7.0, please follow the instructions below.

- Userid = isy

- Password = autoupdate

- Download the update from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip do not unzip

- Login to Admin Console

- Important: To ensure that the updated Admin Console loads, please close your Admin Console and ALL web browser processes after the update is complete. Clear your Java cache (for Windows look for the Java icon in your Control Panel) , then reopen the Admin Console. If there are any web browser processes running, the Java cache will not be cleared.

I had one minor issue with the upgrade. After the upgrade, my default home page was blank and I had to use the /admin URL to get in. I then went into the web module configuration and reset the home page to default and it was back.

Everything else is working great.

Hi,

In the process of moving my ISY26 from 2.6.14 to 2.7, I installed 2.6.0 (using the newly posted version) and now it is stuck with a continously repating "Initializing System" message. The progress bar proceeds to 100% then repeats. Both Rx and Tx LEDs are lit, but the PLM is not flashing.. Any ideas?

Jon

Thanks, Mike..

After I logged in using the generic console login, the ISY26 is still showing the "Initializing System" message with a moving pgrogess bar- should I power-fail the unit to stop the message?

Jon

Jon -

Please login to the Admin Console using the following URL:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/

Once logged in you should be able to apply the 2.7.0 update.

Thanks

Hum.... Well, I cleared cache, and power-failed the unit. Now, the generic login doesn't find it and when I login using my normal url, the "Inititializing System" re-appears. Note the ISY26 is still hung with the Tx LED lit.. So I'm gueissing its hosed.

What is the process to factory reset it?

Hey Jon -

You might try closing all browser windows and clearing your Java cache first. If that doesn't work, I'd power cycle the ISY and try again.

Hum.... Well, I cleared cache, and power-failed the unit. Now, the generic login doesn't find it and when I login using my normal url, the "Inititializing System" re-appears. Note the ISY26 is still hung with the Tx LED lit.. So I'm gueissing its hosed.

What is the process to factory reset it?

Hey Jon -

You might try closing all browser windows and clearing your Java cache first. If that doesn't work, I'd power cycle the ISY and try again.

With the ISY-26 you will need to use Telnet to the ISY and issue an FR command.

Sorry the upgrade didn't function correctly,

Rand

Thanks, Mike.

Actually the Reset un-hung it. Once it was FR reset and powerfailed, the device responded and was at 2.6.0. I was then able to apply 2.7 successfully.

Thanks guys for working on a three-day holiday- I appreciate the support!

For the last several betas and in this 2.7 release, I get several Device Communication Error diaglog message boxes indicating that ISY Can not communicate with "X" Please check connections. X = my motion sensors. I don't think it's intended to periodically check communications with motion sensors. They can not respond unless they are manually placed in the communications mode. How can I resolve this?

Thanks

Frank

I have the ISY 99 and have version 2.6.5

Do you have any firewall software running? If so, please disable it during the upgrade. Are you on a wireless connection? If possible, please try a hardwired connection. Finally, please reboot your ISY and ensure you take a good backup before attempting the upgrade.

Having attempted to update my old ISY26 to newer firmware and failing, I thought maybe it was time to spring for an upgraded ISY itself. So I order a 99i and the minute it arrives try to install/upgrade. Again I have problems, so having been down this road before I think well maybe my old PLM (circa 2007) is too old and needs updating. So I order a spanking new PLM that can supposedly handle 2000+ links (though the packaging indicated otherwise). And now I'm convinced that when I plug it in and attach the new 99i all will be well and it will work.

Not.

Can't get past the autoupdate to 2.7.0. Same problems, don't know what to do at this point. Tried turning off (and even uninstalling) antivirus, updated Java, cleared all caches, rebooted too many times to count. I continue to get the following error messages (randomly):

- Upgrade Failed: ISY Refused Program Update

- Upgrade Failed: Invalid Length (in combination with:)

- Upgrade Failed: java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

These happen regardless of Firefox or IE. I keep thinking that it is Java related, as it always seems to hang on the various .jar files (CE.JAR for example).

Please help! I am extremely frustrated and don't want to give up on ISY

Archived