Elk M1 Integration - AGGGGHHH!

bbuchanan99

Hello all.  I have looked around for the solution to my issue with no avail of a solution, so I started a new topic.  I would appreciate any help, even if you just push me to another link and tell me to read this, because honestly I have been stumped for weeks.  So here goes.  I have a M1 Gold with a MX1EP Firmware 2.0.42 on it, and an ISY (Ver 4.5.4) with the Elk module.  I at one time had perfect integration, I now have none.  I have tried multiple ways to connect to my elk both secure port 2601 and non-secure 2101.  Neither work.  Here is a copy of what the ISY is seeking:

post-8072-0-39667000-1488726711_thumb.png

I have walked through many of the ideas, like un-checking passwords on the M1 and un-checking and rechecking the unsecure port and I have even messes with settings in the ISY admin console.  Any help?  One of he reasons this is important to me is that I have someone that works from home and I have programmed keypads around the home that when pressed, it alarms the M1 and sends me notifications.  It is a great feature and works well for us.  I'm frustrated with not having that functionality.

Thanks a million.

In ELK RP take note of the "System URL/IP Address" and "RP Access Code" - Make sure that "Connect Non-Secure" checkbox is unchecked.

In ISY under IP Address field enter "System URL/IP Address" from your RP Software

In Port field enter 2101 from your RP Software

In Access code enter "RP Access Code" from your RP Software

Let me know if that's solved your problem

Understand...here is some new information, when i go to back -up the configuration of the ISY it fails to create the zip file and bombs out on the elk.conf file...Also, when I go in and out of the isy the elk configuration is not holding, it is blank every time I go into it..Is there a way to rebuild the elk.conf file?  maybe corrupt?

Understand...here is some new information, when i go to back -up the configuration of the ISY it fails to create the zip file and bombs out on the elk.conf file...Also, when I go in and out of the isy the elk configuration is not holding, it is blank every time I go into it..Is there a way to rebuild the elk.conf file? maybe corrupt?

Maybe - file a support ticket with UDI.

bbuchanan99,

Any chance this is Bob of Premise fame?

Other than doing a restore with a known good ISY backup contacting UDI is a good call. It's worth double cheking that you have the non-secure check box on the M1XEP selected. Other than that, it should work since you are able to communicate with the ELK M1 via ElkRP2.

post-344-0-34422700-1488744185_thumb.jpg

So a little update but not a solution yet. I telneted into the isy and found my elk.cnf file had a zero file size. I deleted the file with the rf command. This was not allowing the backup and also appears to effect the elk configuration in the isy GUI. So after I did a backup, I tried to configure again with ip,non secure port and RP access code and it recreated a zero size elk.cnf file and did not connect. So, a little progress. Opened up a support ticket also.

Archived